BlackbirdSD

Is it possible to turn items off on the editing map?

If you have a messy map of waypoints, object and placement radius's, is it possible to temporarily turn the view of these items,  off and on so you can see the map better?  

Thanks

Place the things you do not wish to see in their own (non default) layer, + symbol at bottom of left panel to create a new layer.

Then right click the layer and select Attributes, use the Enable Visibility checkbox to hide every thing in that layer.

• Like 2

Also I believe the BACKSPACE key turns Off/On the Icons too for better viewing in the 3D View.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 4:39 PM, Larrow said:

Place the things you do not wish to see in their own (non default) layer, + symbol at bottom of left panel to create a new layer.

Then right click the layer and select Attributes, use the Enable Visibility checkbox to hide every thing in that layer.

I don't quite understand how to use the layers, it's not intuitive like with a photo editing program where you select what layer you are working in, and everything you do is only in that layer. It seem that you need to drag placed objects into the layer you want. 

Like I said, it's not at all intuitive, there seems to be room for improvement. 

layers are great you can turn/show/hide units on specific layers with script in mission later. something like compositions which you can also save in file and spawn them later dynamically. 

12 hours ago, FoxtrotF said:

layers are great you can turn/show/hide units on specific layers with script in mission later.  

How do you do that?

30 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

How do you do that?

{
    _x enableSimulation true;
    _x hideObject false;
} forEach (getMissionLayerEntities "MyCustomLayer" select 0);

• Like 2