Ulfgaar

[Solved] Display image when inspecting object.

Hello guys!

Im trying to "simulate" that our players have a "PDA" or "Tablet" from where they can check the "ID" of certain AI they encounter in the game. These AI and their identity, those i want to be eligible for it - will ofc be arranged by me as the content creator.

However, i'll be using an image file of a PDA/tablet - where i change the contents and convert them into a .paa file - which i then want to display to the player through pressing an addAction on the AI in question. I've tried to google a fair bit, and found that there are two types of "pop" up windows im interested in - which are the HintC, and the GUIMessage.
I am now wondering what kind of code can i use to display a simple image using one of these? I saw one can use ParseText as part of the HintC, perhaps even as part of the GUIMessage - but this is where im falling off the track a bit - as i dont understand it that well. What i want is for the player to approach the AI, press the addAction - and then either a HintC window, or a GUIMessage window appears with my selected image. 

So in short,

How to display an image to a player using an addAction by either HintC or GUIMessage?

Hoping one of you guys can help me out with this 😊

Fly Tanoa Air has examples of using both a 3D object to display images and a GUI. Images and video are displayed on both types. Check out the "description.ext" and folder "mobile".

Have fun!

• Like 2

Cheers! Will do some digging. 

If anyone else has a bite more hands-on suggestions for codes that can be used to achieve what i want - i'd appreciate that too 😄

Im thinking something similar to the "leaflet" code, but one that lets you enter the "examine" object stage when pressing the action, rather than at the same time apply texture to the object. 

I found this:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_initInspectable

But uncertain on how to compile the code for it - as if i understand this right, this will let me "inspect" the certain object - displaying potentially a picture of my chosing.

As said, any help is appreciated!

Apparently 
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_initInspectable

does the exact same as:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_initLeaflet

Which means, they both apply said texture to the object as well - which means if i want to use this function to say display a tablet viewing said AI officer's ID - i end up applying the tablet texture to the said AI Officer...which is a real bummer.

Still at a loss - any help appreciated.

22 minutes ago, EvanRodgers said:

Anyone have a fix share me with

A fix for what?