Hey all,

I have what I assume  is a pretty newbie question but no one I ask seems to know the answer and I wasn't able to find any info online:

unknown.png

When I create a polygon to fill it with various trees, bushes, etc I'm forced to give it a unique preset name but I'm unable to find where I can reuse this preset rather than manually adding all the bushes/trees I want and tweaking the density every single time I make a new polygon fill. This is especially annoying with complex fills that include many different objects. Am I doing this the wrong way? If I do create a "preset" how can I then reuse that?

You can’t. Unfortunately it’s a bug that I doubt bis can fix. It’s a feature in VBS but my guess is when stripping It down for TB it was broken. 

best to use terrain processor. Although you can definitely still use the polygon fill it just takes more time fooling around selecting everything because you can’t save it. 

• Thanks 1

Like m1lkm8n said use Terrain Processor, it will give you a far better result imo

Thanks guys, this sucks but atleast I know now. Any idea if there's a Terrain Processor alternative (or even if it's compatible?) for DayZ Tools? I'm already half tempted to start mapping using ARMA 3 tools and then port the finished map to DayZ due to how poor the DayZ support is.

19 hours ago, SpaceFrontier said:

Thanks guys, this sucks but atleast I know now. Any idea if there's a Terrain Processor alternative (or even if it's compatible?) for DayZ Tools? I'm already half tempted to start mapping using ARMA 3 tools and then port the finished map to DayZ due to how poor the DayZ support is.

Pretty sure dayz has TP, if not use the Arma one.

Also objects are not 100% the same between A3 > DZ, so making it for DZ in Arma isn't going to work without a lot of fixing afterwards.
DZ also uses the old Arma 2 way of doing roads, that's the number 1 reason I never bothered with DZ. I'm not going to waste my life doing that lol

2 hours ago, RoF said:

Pretty sure dayz has TP, if not use the Arma one.

Also objects are not 100% the same between A3 > DZ, so making it for DZ in Arma isn't going to work without a lot of fixing afterwards.
DZ also uses the old Arma 2 way of doing roads, that's the number 1 reason I never bothered with DZ. I'm not going to waste my life doing that lol

Hey thankyou man that helps a lot, yeah I saw the road tool it's a bit odd but I find it OK to work with, just takes a bit longer with a bit of setup required (although I agree it's far from perfect lol). I've had a look at Terrain Processor but can't seem to figure out how to make templates for the polygon tool, do you have any resources or tips that I can use? I don't mind if it's ARMA 3 related as I'm sure it can be 99% translated over. Or since this is the only thing I want to do within Terrain Processor, is it just a simple few steps to get it working? I'm not too bothered about Terrain Processor's roads or anything I just want to use this one feature it has but can't figure it out.

Thanks!

do area random in tp, select your shapefile exported from TB and put objects names in. Run the task and import .lbt file into TB

Its pretty simple

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RoF said:

do area random in tp, select your shapefile exported from TB and put objects names in. Run the task and import .lbt file into TB

Its pretty simple

THANKYOU MAN!

OK so this is the correct answer, but it's not quite this simple.

This works perfectly in ARMA 3's tools.

It does not in DayZ's tools, BUT there's a fix you can find online, I won't link it because it's an entire build of Terrain Processor that's "fixed" and reuploaded in its entirety. You can find it on a video about getting the Terrain Processor roads working in TB. Again it sounds like DayZ's tools are simply just a bit broken but workarounds do exist.