BlackbirdSD

Problem with Livonia map Ai not seeing anyone

I just recently purchased the Contact DLC and started pasting men from a mission i made on a different map.  Problem is that AI doesnt see each other.  Any idea why?  I only have the "Mission" sqm in the mission folder.  They dont see me and my side ai and enemy side ai dont see each other.

I also pasted a complete working mission from a Malden map to Livonia and ai doesnt see each other.  I am using custom made FIA units for half the map and standard spetsnaz groups for the other half.  Seems like the Spetsnaz AI are seeing me. 

I just copied everything on my Livonia map and pasted it onto the Altis map and it works fine.  Appears to be the map itself.    

I think , yes. It sounds like independent are set to be allied with blufor in the editors settings. 

Simple way to test. Open up the map in Eden editor. Place yourself down as a civ. Place one Blufor rifleman and one Opfor rifleman. Position them across from each other. Don't copy/paste anything. Don't do anything else other than this. If it works, then it may be something in the unit's field (behaviour, etc) when you copied it over.

Here's a wild notion - share your mission file.

• Like 2

Aside the good suggestions, there is a script you can implement into your mission that could possibly

tell you if the AI are seeing you or other AI or not, check it out:

7 hours ago, HazJ said:

Simple way to test. Open up the map in Eden editor. Place yourself down as a civ. Place one Blufor rifleman and one Opfor rifleman. Position them across from each other. Don't copy/paste anything. Don't do anything else other than this. If it works, then it may be something in the unit's field (behaviour, etc) when you copied it over.

I tried your test on Livonia and it works fine.

This is in the Init field of the custom units I made.  Keep in mind that these same units work fine in Altis and Malden.

_pos = [[[getPos this,2000]]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; 

_x setPos _pos; 
} forEach (units (group this)); 
comment "Exported from Arsenal by Shane"; 

comment "[!] UNIT MUST BE LOCAL [!]"; 
if (!local this) exitWith {}; 

comment "Remove existing items"; 
removeAllWeapons this; 
removeAllItems this; 
removeAllAssignedItems this; 
removeUniform this; 
removeVest this; 
removeBackpack this; 
removeHeadgear this; 
removeGoggles this; 

comment "Add weapons"; 
this addWeapon "arifle_CTAR_ghex_F"; 
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Hamr_khk_F"; 
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "30Rnd_580x42_Mag_F"; 
this addWeapon "hgun_ACPC2_F"; 
this addHandgunItem "9Rnd_45ACP_Mag"; 

comment "Add containers"; 
this forceAddUniform "U_I_G_resistanceLeader_F"; 
this addVest "V_TacChestrig_grn_F"; 

comment "Add items to containers"; 
this addItemToUniform "FirstAidKit"; 
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {this addItemToUniform "30Rnd_580x42_Mag_F";}; 
this addItemToVest "9Rnd_45ACP_Mag"; 
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {this addItemToVest "SmokeShellBlue";}; 
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {this addItemToVest "HandGrenade";}; 
for "_i" from 1 to 8 do {this addItemToVest "30Rnd_580x42_Mag_F";}; 
this addHeadgear "H_Beret_Colonel"; 
this addGoggles "G_Shades_Black"; 

comment "Add items"; 
this linkItem "ItemMap"; 
this linkItem "ItemCompass"; 
this linkItem "ItemWatch"; 
this linkItem "ItemRadio"; 
this linkItem "ItemGPS"; 

comment "Set identity"; 
[this,"GreekHead_A3_05","male05gre"] call BIS_fnc_setIdentity; 

5 hours ago, Harzach said:

Here's a wild notion - share your mission file.

How do I add the mission file here?  Copy paste the whole thing in text?

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Aside the good suggestions, there is a script you can implement into your mission that could possibly

tell you if the AI are seeing you or other AI or not, check it out:

Ill give it a look but I clearly can see that the custom Opfor units do not see me or default Blufor units and the default Blufor units dont see the custom Opfor units.  But the Default Opfor units, see me.

I have copied and pasted the entire map on Altis and Malden but pasting it to Livonia causes this problem.

Thanks

Each AI group I have has 1 "Scripted" trigger with this n the activation.

[group this, getPos this, 2000] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;

10 minutes ago, BlackbirdSD said:

How do I add the mission file here?  Copy paste the whole thing in text?

Pbo the mission folder and zip it up, put it on google drive, or dropbox, mega ect,.

or take the mission folder put it into a zip and host the zip somewhere and link it here.

7 hours ago, HazJ said:

I did this test within my mission and I put down 1 Civilian, 1 Nato, 1 Csat,1 Spetsnza and 1 FIA all beside each other and no one saw or shot at each other.  All of them were default AI with nothing added.

11 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Pbo the mission folder and zip it up, put it on google drive, or dropbox, mega ect,.

or take the mission folder put it into a zip and host the zip somewhere and link it here.

I hope there is an easier way.  But thank you

I just did another test.  I copied one of my custom groups from the Livonia mission then started a new scenario on a clean Livonia map and pasted that custom group down then I added myself as Blufor and another AI on my side and everyone saw each other and shot back and forth.

28 minutes ago, BlackbirdSD said:

Which part are you having trouble with? All of those services are free.

57 minutes ago, BlackbirdSD said:

comment "Exported from Arsenal by Shane"; 

You don't need any of those "comment" lines. Not only are they superfluous, but the command comment is described by the Biki as running "infinitely slower" than slash comments ( // or /* ).

Also, if that code is in all units' init fields, understand that each unit is setting the position of all other units in its group:

1 hour ago, BlackbirdSD said:

_pos = [[[getPos this,2000]]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; 

_x setPos _pos; 
} forEach (units (group this)); 

11 hours ago, BlackbirdSD said:

1. In the editor, export your mission to sp or mp dont matter the editor will pbo the mission.
  2. Locate the pbo depending on where you exported it C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions for SP and C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions for MP
  3. Go to google click on the dots you see to the left of the avatar (top right) a bunch of apps will show and look for a triangle that has the word Drive under it.
  4. Be sure your signed into google, then under drive at top left drag the pbo to the drive it will take a few sec to upload.
  5. Once its done then right click it then Get shareable link, paste that link here.
11 hours ago, BlackbirdSD said:

I just did another test.  I copied one of my custom groups from the Livonia mission then started a new scenario on a clean Livonia map and pasted that custom group down then I added myself as Blufor and another AI on my side and everyone saw each other and shot back and forth.

Looks like your problem is solved then, but we and you still wont know what the exact cause of the issue was until

you share the previous version could be others having the same issue.

If you can build missions in the editor, then you can learn to export, and share the missions too, takes nothing to do

advance and help yourself, guessing without rpt and or mission files only allows others to go on what you tell them.

8 hours ago, Harzach said:

Which part are you having trouble with? All of those services are free.

You don't need any of those "comment" lines. Not only are they superfluous, but the command comment is described by the Biki as running "infinitely slower" than slash comments ( // or /* ).

Also, if that code is in all units' init fields, understand that each unit is setting the position of all other units in its group:

I didnt know about the comment thing as I just hit export then pasted it into the init field.  Ill remove that line.

I only have that code for the leader of each group so the entire group stays together when randomly placed.

7 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:
  1. In the editor, export your mission to sp or mp dont matter the editor will pbo the mission.
  2. Locate the pbo depending on where you exported it C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions for SP and C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions for MP
  3. Go to google click on the dots you see to the left of the avatar (top right) a bunch of apps will show and look for a triangle that has the word Drive under it.
  4. Be sure your signed into google, then under drive at top left drag the pbo to the drive it will take a few sec to upload.
  5. Once its done then right click it then Get shareable link, paste that link here.

Looks like your problem is solved then, but we and you still wont know what the exact cause of the issue was until

If you can build missions in the editor, then you can learn to export, and share the missions too, takes nothing to do

advance and help yourself, guessing without rpt and or mission files only allows other to go on what you tell them.

Ok ill do that thanks

8 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

advance and help yourself, guessing without rpt and or mission files only allows other to go on what you tell them.

Ive never exported the mission to MP before.  Ive always just saved the mission then loaded it to play with my friend.  Am I doing that wrong?  What is the benefit of the PBO file?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14JtSCR4ve4y06QejsA_coSyOkVfBSmFk/view?usp=sharing

When you post a link make it unrestricted.

Am I doing that wrong?  What is the benefit of the PBO file?

No, nothing wrong with that, but when a mission is to be moved beyond your computer to another person's then ideally you can or should pbo it.

Benefits of a pbo is that its a compressed file that the game better utilizes, its like a zip file and the game reads it that way,

its also a better optimized format, when a mission is uncompressed (not pbo'd) then for example putting the pbo on a server

you would need to use a filepatching parameter which allows the game to read the loose files same for playing with a mission on your computer

with a mission being not pbo'd you would either have to use file patching or ideally just move the mission to the editor and play from there, you can

even host an unpbo'd mission in mp through the editor without directly going to the mp browser.

For steam workshop i believe that the game pbo's the file prior to its full publishing on the workshop as when you sub to a mission

and open the steam saved files they are usually pbo'd.

This is the wiki on the PBO format what it is, what it does, and how it functions in certain areas.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/PBO_File_Format

Lets just say if and when you are going to send a mission to another person, or put it on a server then best to pbo it.

If the mission wont leave your computer as in uploading it somewhere then no need to export it from the editor.

Exporting is just the editor pboing the mission and putting it in the folder you export it to, so if you export to sp then it will end up in the missions folder in your main directory

it really dont matter what folder you export it to unless you plan to play your mission in sp through the scenarios, and or play through a hosted server through the mp browser,

if your exporting it to just grab the pbo then it dont matter.

You can also just locate the mission in the editor folder and pbo the folder but you would need an external tool called pbo manager to do that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

No, nothing wrong with that, but when a mission is to be moved beyond your computer to another person's then ideally you can or should pbo it.

Benefits of a pbo is that its a compressed file that the game better utilizes, its like a zip file and the game reads it that way,

its also a better optimized format, when a mission is uncompressed (not pbo'd) then for example putting the pbo on a server

you would need to use a filepatching parameter which allows the game to read the loose files same for playing with a mission on your computer

with a mission being not pbo'd you would either have to use file patching or ideally just move the mission to the editor and play from there, you can

even host an unpbo'd mission in mp through the editor without directly going to the mp browser.

For steam workshop i believe that the game pbo's the file prior to its full publishing on the workshop as when you sub to a mission

and open the steam saved files they are usually pbo'd.

This is the wiki on the PBO format what it is, what it does, and how it functions in certain areas.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/PBO_File_Format

Lets just say if and when you are going to send a mission to another person, or put it on a server then best to pbo it.

If the mission wont leave your computer as in uploading it somewhere then no need to export it from the editor.

Exporting is just the editor pboing the mission and putting it in the folder you export it to, so if you export to sp then it will end up in the missions folder in your main directory

it really dont matter what folder you export it to unless you plan to play your mission in sp through the scenarios, and or play through a hosted server through the mp browser,

if your exporting it to just grab the pbo then it dont matter.

You can also just locate the mission in the editor folder and pbo the folder but you would need an external tool called pbo manager to do that.

Thanks for the info very detailed.  Did you have a chance to test my mission?

Thanks for the info very detailed.  Did you have a chance to test my mission?

8 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

LA4RtFB.png