Sign in to follow this  
BlackbirdSD

Random group placement issue

If i choose an AI group lets say a sentry group of 2 then i click on the diamond simbol for that group and make a placement radius of 100, that group randomly appears within that 100m each time I load it.  The problem is when I make a custom group, lets say an AT soldier and a Sniper then right click on the sniper and click "connect" then "Group to" and click the AT soldier, it puts the sniper in that group with the AT soldier as the lead but when I click on the diamond for that groups icon and select a placement radius of 100m, they never spawn anywhere but their start position.  Am I grouping them wrong?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Luft08 said:

What "diamond symbol"

OPFOR group icon, maybe?

Just did a quick and dirty test, and got the opposite results. Config'd group stayed in place, "custom" group spawned in random position. I wish I had the time right now to science this one.

@BlackbirdSD Try setting the placement radius for the group leader in that case. Just right click on the leader and go to "Attributes" and search down through the options.

Additionally, if all else still fails you, in the group leader's init field put:

_pos = [[[getPos this,100]]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;
{
 _x setPos _pos;
} forEach (units (group this));

I also just did quick go of it in the editor and both examples ran fine, so you guys are smoking something (or maybe Arma is😂) But, the code example works too, so if it isn't working using the placement radius setting then that should work fine as a last resort.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luft08 said:

What "diamond symbol" are you talking about?

The Icon for the group itself.  Rotated square

57 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

@BlackbirdSD Try setting the placement radius for the group leader in that case. Just right click on the leader and go to "Attributes" and search down through the options.

Additionally, if all else still fails you, in the group leader's init field put:

_pos = [[[getPos this,100]]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;
{
 _x setPos _pos;
} forEach (units (group this));

I also just did quick go of it in the editor and both examples ran fine, so you guys are smoking something (or maybe Arma is😂) But, the code example works too, so if it isn't working using the placement radius setting then that should work fine as a last resort.

If I do the random placement for the leader then only he spawns in the radius and the rest of the group go looking for him.  I have hundreds of AI on the map so i was hoping for an easy fix.  So for the custom group try adding 2 AI down but not close to each other as for them to auto group then try to group them and see what happens.

Thanks

Did you use that code though? Put it in the init field of the leader and all units from that group will be move. But, I tried a config group and custom group using the radius setting in the group icons and both worked.

15 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Did you use that code though? Put it in the init field of the leader and all units from that group will be move. But, I tried a config group and custom group using the radius setting in the group icons and both worked.

Yes that code worked.  Thank you very much .  I will use that going forward .