Hi guys, I'm trying to disable BFT via a script for a group of players during a mission. The Idea is these players crash land somewhere and must escape or radio for extract, to improve the experience I don't want them to know exactly where they are on the map. I haven't busted into the PBO yet, but I've been searching here and the ACE wiki for information on this function. I know I can disable BFT in the editor, but I want it triggered during the mission. Thanks!

Looking through fnc_blueForceTrackingUpdate.sqf, it seems that ACE Blufor Tracking is completely global. There might be a way to brute force your way around it, for example deleting markers as they are created, though that's probably not performative in the least.

try

for individual unit

_unit setVariable ["ace_map_hideBlueForceMarker", true, true];

for group

{ _x setVariable ["ace_map_hideBlueForceMarker", true, true]; } forEach (units _group);

On 6/27/2020 at 1:14 AM, M1ke_SK said:

try

for individual unit

_unit setVariable ["ace_map_hideBlueForceMarker", true, true];

for group

{ _x setVariable ["ace_map_hideBlueForceMarker", true, true]; } forEach (units _group);

I tried this by placing in the units init section and it is still visible on BFT any suggestions? Oh and this was "same side" Zeus (not an OPFOR) 

I was also unable to get this to work via scripting. I had to ultimately result to checking the box in the group attributes in 3DEN editor, Disable BFT I believe is what it says.

On 6/3/2021 at 2:00 AM, Cockheaven said:

I was also unable to get this to work via scripting. I had to ultimately result to checking the box in the group attributes in 3DEN editor, Disable BFT I believe is what it says.

I dont see that anywhere on my guys. Screenshot perhaps>?