Sign in to follow this  
miket

Virtual Reality - Track IR view flickers

Hi,

Noticed that this bug still occurs in 2020 when I first noticed it years ago.

In the virtual reality map in game, when using Track IR, as you move your head, the view will rapidly flick between your actual TrackIR view orientation and directly forward.

This only occurs in VR and in no other areas of the game.

Would be good to have this corrected.

Thanks

Michael

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I encountered the same problem, in all areas in ARMA 3. It only manifest itself when I view up/down (pitch). When I view up/or down a certain degrees and the screen flickers and sees double vision.

A fix that I found is to enable VSYNC in the video settings. Seems the problem occur because the FPS is higher than the monitor refresh rate. I tested again with vsync off and played in TANOA and cranked up the VD all the way up so that the FPS drop below my monitor refresh rate (144hz), and look up/down again, and as expected the problem did not manifest itself.

So your options are, enable VSYNC or cranked up your video settings that it will be at or below your monitor refresh rate. Hope this will help those that have the same issue. 

Thank you.

I haven't had it flicker in any map unless I've left the blinds open on the window behind me, and the light interferes with it. Maybe that's the problem. 

11 hours ago, beno_83au said:

I haven't had it flicker in any map unless I've left the blinds open on the window behind me, and the light interferes with it. Maybe that's the problem. 

As for my problem it is not because of light interferences. Mine is because of need to enable vsync. After enable vsync my problem solved.

But for some other people maybe because of light interferences. So check that too if you have the same problem. If not, try enable vsync. If both didn't solve it, then I hope some other people can offer some other solutions