So, after dropping out of the modding scene for quite some time (like, 4 years) due to real-life commitments (getting married etc) I am finally finding some free time to get back into working on a few mods for ArmA3.

I've decided to continue work on a project I started a long time ago combining all (read: most) of my previously un-released weapons. The first packs I have begun work on are the rifle pack, and the handgun pack - both of which were popular in their OFP/ArmA1/ArmA2 days.

The rifle pack is likely to be the first pack to be released, but not any time soon as work has only just begun on updating the models/textures to ArmA3 standards as well as implementing new features such as magazine proxies etc.

All packs will be accompanied by a supporting "core" PBO where all the magazine proxies and any cross-compatible attachments will be defined. This "core" addon will be released seperately and updated as required.

As stated above the rifle pack will most likely be the first pack to be released and will (probably) contain the following:

• M4A1 variants
  • M16 variants
  • Diemaco variants (yes, L119A1s and possibly A2s as well as C7/C8 variants)
  • HK416 variants
  • HK417 variants
  • Probably some AK variants

This list is far from exhaustive and various other rifles may (or may not) make their way into the pack should time allow it.

I'll post some screenshots of my progress on the M4s, M16s and HK41Xs in the next few days, but for now I just wanted to announce my intentions.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I moved this to the correct section o7.

Btw its Arma 3, not ArmA, also Arma 2.

• Thanks 1

So I've just taken a couple of screenshots of the M4A1 ingame. The scope attachments are courtesy of RobertHammer's accessory pack but the rail attachments (including PEQ, rail covers etc) will be included in the initial release.

The C-Mag model is still work in progress (hence the weird as hell lighting) but I was just playing around with magazine proxies. In the third image you can see the animated magazine effect I help develop for my old squad's private addon collection about 5 years ago - it'll finally get to see the light of day (despite having been done by other talented content creators more recently).

M4A1 Image 1

M4A1 Image 2

M4A1 Image 3

M4A1 MP5A2 Image Bonus

• Like 3

Yay! Another veteran comes back! I still use your OFP weapon pack every day, so good luck in A3!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Yay! Another veteran comes back! I still use your OFP weapon pack every day, so good luck in A3!

Haha! Same to me! 😊

Damn did not notice it was you replying to my sound problem...

Yes welcome back Jackal! 👍

• Like 1

I've just about finished work on the HK416 base model tweaks, in both long (16.5") and short barrel (10.5") variants.

Here is a quick screenshot of the HK416 with 10.5" barrel I took in Object Builder/Buldozer a few moments ago.

• Like 3

So I finally got around to including some of the

Spoiler

L119A1 (with the A2s to come.....maybe)

variants, and with them have borrowed some of the furniture to pimp an alternative M4A1 variant - namely the fully-functional and animated grip-pod and the Magpul stock.

I'll post up a few screenshots of the super-secret additions in the next few days.

I've also decided to keep the initial release quite limited i.e. with fewer weapons in the first release than initially planned.

As I'm working full-time and have relatively limited free-time on my hands compared to when I was working on my old OFP weapons pack, I feel I'd burn out long before I actually release anything if I try and include everything I want to.

This way I can add in new content as I release updates to fix any issues etc and pace myself a little better. I don't want a repeat of my ArmA2 weapons pack where I just gave up on it because I burnt out.

Anyway, I'll post some more screenshots in a few days.

• Like 4

Awesome man. It'll be great to have the Canadian made ARs for the Brit and Canadian special forces, among others. Your efforts are much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, banky said:

...It'll be great to have the Canadian made ARs for the Brit and Canadian special forces, among others...

That was my thinking too. As part of the S-Squadron ArmA group I helped develop a highly detailed pack of weapons solely for squad use that never saw a public release. They did garner a lot of interest from non-members through screenshots and promotional material the squad released as part of recruitment drives so adding them to the pack for general release was a no-brainer. At least now I've finally got around to working on them and including them in the pack.

variants, and with them have borrowed some of the furniture to pimp an alternative M4A1 variant - namely the fully-functional and animated grip-pod and the Magpul stock.

Screens look fantastic. Aside from variant with Magpull Stock have You also considered doing variant with LMT SOPMOD stock, this was very popular mod during GWOT era and You already have SOPMOD stock on Your 416s.

Regards.

One of the greats coming to ArmA3...ArmA3...

Spoiler

ArmA3

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bolo861 said:

Screens look fantastic. Aside from variant with Magpull Stock have You also considered doing variant with LMT SOPMOD stock, this was very popular mod during GWOT era and You already have SOPMOD stock on Your 416s.

Regards.

I'll probably do a few different versions and will most likely put the SOPMOD stock on of them 👌

EDIT: Just done it 🙂

Edited by Jackal326
Mission accomplished
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2020 at 6:39 PM, bolo861 said:

Further to my previous reply - I've finally got around to taking a screenshot for you.

The majority of the remaining work lies in coding the various rifles as well as attempting to ensure ACE and CBA (joint rails) compatibility. ACE has changed a lot since my ArmA2 coding days and Joint Rails are a totally new concept I'm attempting to wrap my head around. I'll again try to post some more ingame screens soon once coding is at a point where I'm able. I'll also have a shot or two of the L119A2 model I've been working on.

• Like 1

Progress on the pack has taken a backseat of late due to personal commitments. However, I have been able to fix up a couple of Canadian issue rifles that I really enjoyed working on (though I didn't enjoy the trial and error aspect of getting the shade of OD to something I was happy with).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll just leave this here...

Finally got around to making a bit of progress - its still WIP so things are likely to change/be altered. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Blackfox34 said:

You're a legend.

Thanks 😄

31 minutes ago, Blackfox34 said:

Can you make me the gun of Eddie Price

Last time I spoke to him, it was the L119A2 that he wanted, so see above 😉

4 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

I'll just leave this here...

Finally got around to making a bit of progress - its still WIP so things are likely to change/be altered. 

Gorgeous!

• Thanks 1

When I see Diemacos, I experience exactly the same thing which Messiah is describing in the quote you have in your signature...

Do I need to see a doctor? I hope not - Diemacos are magnificent afterall!

• Haha 1

So it appears that all of the inventory images (complete with all of those fun-loving and not at all time-consuming attachment icons) have finally been completed!

I'll be running the Assault Rifle pack and Weapons Core packs through some rigorous testing (read: throwing groups of AI at each other) and see if anything breaks.

All being well I should have some positive results to share soon™ (how did I remember the ALT code for ™ after 6 years when I can barely remember my own phone number on a daily basis?)

Edited by Jackal326
Fixed typo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just a heads up that v1.0 of both 'SJB Weapons Core' and 'SJB Assault Rifles' are both now available on the Steam Workshop (with old-school download links to follow shortly).

I plan on announcing the release in a separate thread in the Complete section but would ask that forum moderators please keep this thread open for the use of discussing my work on separate packs (handguns, SMGs etc) if at all possible.

Any feedback on the release is appreciated but should probably be better suited in the Release thread

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jackal326 said:

Just a heads up that v1.0 of both 'SJB Weapons Core' and 'SJB Assault Rifles' are both now available on the Steam Workshop (with old-school download links to follow shortly).

I plan on announcing the release in a separate thread in the Complete section but would ask that forum moderators please keep this thread open for the use of discussing my work on separate packs (handguns, SMGs etc) if at all possible.

Any feedback on the release is appreciated but should probably be better suited in the Release thread

Fantastic! Been looking forward to this!

• Thanks 1

Work on the updates to both the Assault Rifle pack and the Core files continues, but I have also branched out into other projects (see my signature). Whilst development is in the early stages, I have made some headway on quite a few sniper-rifles and sub-machine guns for their various packs. More details on them to follow.

A sneak-peak of one such rifle, which shall remain nameless can be previewed here.

(There is a story to go along with the image, but I'll keep that in the spoiler below - I suggest you check out the image first as its kind of funny)

Spoiler

As I was working on the various animations and model.cfg work for the rifle, my brother-in-law suggested that the rear-view of the rifle in profile looked like Sid the Sloth from 'Ice Age' so I made a GIF 😄

I'll also leave it open to guesses as to which rifle is pictured.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2