bi_mg

Where upload custom scripts for general use

Hi Guys,

Dose anyone know where can I upload my scripts for public use here just to test them in general for now??? I'm a bit new in SQF. My scripts is allmost finish 😀👍.

History

I made scripts that generally grabs exact and precisely all kind of world Objects and its attribut values everywhere in another world object _objAnchor (i.e. furniture in a Building as anchor). The grabbed objects are stored and serialized in a string (don't mix it up with disableSerialization). I was inspirited from BIS_fnc_setPitchBank.

• You can expand or shrink the Object Model Box with _expandedBoxSpace virtuallyin order to grab more objects.
  • _models variable is an array of Objects with the same morphology as the anchor object (i.e. Land_Cargo_Patrol_V1_F to V3 have the same morphology). These Object can be further filled with the grabbed objects and its attribt values.
  • You can add class _types optionaly for more selection  classtype to grab more precisely (i.e. thing, Helper_Base_F, static ).
private _objects = [ _objAnchor, _expandedBoxSpace, _models, _types ] call MB_fnc_objectsInteriorGrabber;

I will developed additinal script, that takes this spawned object array with a designated world Object, which should be listed in Models in objects array.The executed script will spawn the objects of model space in an world object.

thanks mi_mg

Edited by bi_mg
add intro info, extended code
  • Like 1

This sounds very interesting!!

You can use GitHub or GitLab to upload your scripts.

Either of these links can be easily viewed and navigated - Posting multiple sqf files on these forums can be a nightmare, especially when viewing or copy & pasting.

Personally, I'd go for GitHub if you are new. Although I tend to use GitLab for the most part.

I doubt many would mind testing your code.

Post your links in the topic.

• Thanks 1

@Maff,

thank you very much🙂👍. I do what you helpt my for.

As I said, I'm nearly finished. I need more infos I forget to tell.

• I watch for Arma 3 Gamers who test my scripts.
    I add the names from testers to my scripts for testing my code ofcouse. This task I can't do it on my own in cases which I do not know like base building template or something like that. So it is very important todo this.
  • I search for one Arma 3 Gamer who take a "very short" and "simple" video tutorial of my script. I add this name also.
  • How can I present my scripts in public??? I can upload my Scripts on GitHub by now. But where to I jot down a link here in wich category???

Tanks

No bother, @bi_mg!

Looking forward to seeing your work.

• Like 1

Update!

Done:

• all thinks of the scripts are done 🤩!!! - as an alpha version 🙄
  • changed from MB_fnc_objectsInteriorGrabber to MB_fnc_compositionExtractor
  • made a showcase_compositionExtractor.VR mission

@ToDo:

• script MB_fnc_compositionSpawner to spawn the composition
  • additional scripts MB_fnc_objectInteraction for interaction with the spawned object
  • upload and write a big instruction for use 🤮
  • search for testers

Next weekend I should be finish only with all scripts and the showcas.
I am sooo fu**ing sorry about my articulation in every single languages which can be seen in the description of any scripts I wrote. But I' m sure this can be understadable.

thanks

Update!

@Done

• script MB_fnc_compositionSpawner to spawn the composition
    changed from MB_fnc_compositionExtrtactor, MB_fnc_compositionSpawner to MB_fnc_compositionExport, MB_fnc_compositionImport)
  • Searched for comfortable Helper functions which my code makes simpler
  • Validations of each part

@Todo

• Bugfixes & optimaztion Code
  • upload and write a big instruction for use 🤮
  • search for testers
  • Like 1

Update!

@Done

• Bugfix

@Todo

• optimaze & structure the sourcecodes in Framework

PS: I'm realy very sorry, that it takes me sooo long to get things done!

Hello Arma friends,

I just upload my files on github wgich is called a3-lib-checks. It is not what was expected but a piece of it this thread. I present it on this thread:

You all are welcome to use my libraries and test it 🙂👍.

Best regards,

MB