Sign in to follow this  
bhcluster

Flight instruments?

Hi All,

I am work on small project and have a problem with finding out how to add flight instruments to the cockpit, I was able to get the moving parts such as wheels, rudder, aileron, flaps, canopy, etc going however when it comes to flight instruments I am not able to make progress. What I have been using so far as a reference is the Arma 3 Samples (plane) and what I could find here on the forum but as you can see my luck has run out. So if anybody has any tutorials, tips, please let me know, any help is greatly appreciated.

In case you're interested what it looks like so far.

Spoiler

OAcjrI4.png

3uiEEqA.png

BLpTki3.png

On 6/19/2020 at 12:39 AM, bhcluster said:

when it comes to flight instruments I am not able to make progress. What I have been using so far as a reference is the Arma 3 Samples (plane) and what I could find here on the forum but as you can see my luck has run out.

you dont find anything because animating cockpit instruments is exactly the same as animating flaps or rudder. You simply define the animation in model.cfg (e.g. a rotation),  give it an axis in the model via memory point (e.g. the center of a dial), and assign a selection in view pilot LOD (e.g. the indicator on a dial).
Then you select an appropriate animation source that drives the animation, and done.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:49 PM, x3kj said:

you dont find anything because animating cockpit instruments is exactly the same as animating flaps or rudder. You simply define the animation in model.cfg (e.g. a rotation),  give it an axis in the model via memory point (e.g. the center of a dial), and assign a selection in view pilot LOD (e.g. the indicator on a dial).
Then you select an appropriate animation source that drives the animation, and done.

Thanks for the info it really helped, what I didn't get was that I need to create my own selection and axis for particular instrument, for what ever reason I thought that the instruments were pre-made and could be called up like proxy.. That was it, so here is the image of what I did just in case it might help.

ncXu6Z1.png

The image at the back is just that the image.