snkman

What is it that make's this game so unique?

Well after most of the latest games bored me to death i decided to play some of the good old games i rly enjoyed a lot playing back in the days like "Ghost Recon 1" "Max Payne 1" "C&C Generals" and of course OFP!

Pretty much all of thouse old games i played were like "Oh wtf... nope can't play it anymore... time is over..." But OFP with ModulSky SLX ECP and some other graphic improvement mods...

Damn it still feels like back in the days!

I don't feel like playing a game after 5 - 10 min. i'm so deep into it it's like watching a movie! 😄

I don't know what it is... I can't put my finger on it... But even after all this time even with thouse pretty basic mechanics compared to games of today it feel so much more authentic than most other games.

The way of how the maps look / scale / feel its such a unique feeling!!

What do you think? What is it that makes it feel like this? 🤔

• Like 1

I'd say for OFP: Resistance that it has by far the best campaign of the series in terms of story; I keep coming back to it almost 2 decades later. OFP and ArmA II are my favorite of the series; not a fan of the tropical scifish stuff in ArmA 3 at all; I like the realistic Cold War setting much better.

• Like 1

What makes this game so unique even now that its a sandbox game with military elements of it. Others may say its a military simulator but it isn't. For example when you get shot in the leg you can just immediatly heal up from a medic in seconds and go fight again with full health which is unrealistic. They made this part unrealistic for the sake of player having fun and game design. I can go on and on about this. And you can also make different game modes which doesnt have to involve anything with the military. But from your perspective I can say that you're kind of a retro gamer and you probably feel nostalgic playing this so that's why its unique for you. And since you're kind of a retro gamer at its time there wasnt any game like this.

Ps: Even tho the answer is kinda obvious I thought we were gonna get "Why other people thinks this game is good" post. I'm glad it isn't.

I'm highly experienced on editing missions...But Anyway, when I feel bored, I open ofp mission editor and put some BMPs and I destroy them with M1A1....😂...This is the best pc game I ever met...Even among the better games like ArmA 3, pubg....Simly, It's just like a Religion 

If anybody have those graphic improvment mods,,,Please giv...Links on the old forums are not working now.