AZCoder

Hidden post on my own thread

Why would a post to my own thread be hidden instantly? I'm certainly not a new user LOL. I don't think I wrote anything controversial, it was just a campaign update.

I think it has something to do with editing posts or the amount of content in a post or something like that. I saw someone else discussing the same problem a while ago. Maybe @Dedmen can shed some light?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beno_83au said:

I think it has something to do with editing posts or the amount of content in a post or something like that. I saw someone else discussing the same problem a while ago. Maybe @Dedmen can shed some light?

I got most of the original text posted now. It seems to hide it based on some wording in my 2nd paragraph that I originally had regarding a DLC. Really weird. Maybe a moderator @Dedmen would kindly remove the 2 hidden dead posts for me? Near the end of this thread https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/222733-sp_camp-dark-tides-under-construction/ . Thanks.

We have some automatic spam detection that doesn't hide posts, but flags them for manual approval. For example if you have many links in your post.

If you have issues with that you can just click "Report post" on your hidden post and a moderator will look at it.

• Thanks 1

For what reason would a post to my own string be covered up immediately? I'm surely not another client LOL. I don't think I composed anything dubious, it was only a mission update.

2 hours ago, gunthergeller said:

For what reason would a post to my own string be covered up immediately? I'm surely not another client LOL. I don't think I composed anything dubious, it was only a mission update.

suspicious/too many links in post for example. Against the spambots that just spam links everywhere

I was not putting links in my posts or anything weird at all. In fact it happened to me again on a thread for EO this time. Just a couple sentences got flagged, nothing controversial.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:45 PM, AZCoder said:

I was not putting links in my posts or anything weird at all. In fact it happened to me again on a thread for EO this time. Just a couple sentences got flagged, nothing controversial.

The one on 11th October was hidden, because it was just spam/wrong accusations.

8 hours ago, Dedmen said:

The one on 11th October was hidden, because it was just spam/wrong accusations.

I had asked Eo if he had planned to work on 2 other islands. Is that spam? I'm confused.