Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to find the terrain cell size ingame? I didn't find any related value in the config. The only thing listed in the config is the mapSize, which is useless.

This page lists the cell sizes for most A3 maps by Bohemia:
https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:grid-cell-size

I think he means the cell size of the actual terrain mesh.

There must be some way to read the terrain's config or something? I'm not sure how that works.

Not entirely sure cell size can be read in-game, you can use EliteNess to open the .wrp file, I think you can get cell size info from there.

Thank you guys for the replies.

12 hours ago, Larrow said:

11 hours ago, Harzach said:

I think he means the cell size of the actual terrain mesh.

There must be some way to read the terrain's config or something? I'm not sure how that works.

Yeah. I want the cell size used to create the terrain.

If you snap to these "Grid points" while moving along the terrain, you will not intersect with the terrain itself (because each "terrain surface" is formed by four of these points).

I think it'll be helpful to my path generation code, because right now the paths sometimes end up being random (they change every time, which can confuse the AI). But if I stick to these points, there will be no randomness.

I didn't find any config value that gives anything related to cellsize (even gridSize would be enough, since: cellSize = mapSize/gridSize)

11 hours ago, EO said:

Not entirely sure cell size can be read in-game, you can use EliteNess to open the .wrp file, I think you can get cell size info from there.

Yeah. But I was hoping there would be a way to read them ingame.

Otherwise I'll have to add compatibility for all terrains manually!

12 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know what that value means, but whatever that is it is too small to be the GridSize. And too large to be the cellSize.
Grid size should be a power of 2, such as. 256/512/1024 etc.

GridSize for Tanoa is 4096.
CellSize for Tanoa is 3.75.

not possible (you would need to loadFile the wrp, parse manually via sqf.. or via some extension) - easier to get via DeWrp and hardcode

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .kju said:

not possible (you would need to loadFile the wrp, parse manually via sqf.. or via some extension) - easier to get via DeWrp and hardcode

Ah, damn it. Thanks for the reply.
I've made a feature request on Feedback tracker.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151907

• Thanks 1