beno_83au

Client DLing Mission From Dedi They've Already Subbed To.

Hey, sorry for this but I've looked all over the place to work this one out. I have a dedicated server and am trying to play a Steam Workshop mission from it.

The issue I'm having is that I can't work out how to host the mission without the client downloading the mission from the server, even though the client is already subscribed to the mission. I've taken the subscribed mission from my client and moved it onto the server. I have tried using the _legacy.bin file and have tried grabbing it from the /Documents/Arma 3/Saved/steamMPMission/ with any renaming required but I'm getting nowhere.

In the past this hasn't been an issue as the mission sizes have been fairly small. But this one I'm trying to host is a biiiiiit large. So it's not going to be ideal for others to download it from my server.

I believe that's just how it works, fortunately they will only have to download it once. You can try the "-loadMissionToMemory" param it might make the download faster after the first person loads it.

clients should download the .pbo whereever (maybe dropbox) and move it in the folder descibed in above thread

Thanks, but I think Carrera is right unfortunately. But, as stated, they will only have to download it once unless I download an updated version.