DoubleE_Killa

We want map selection back... as soon as possible

Dear Vigor Staff,

I'm a Vigor player since 11/2019, and I miss so much the time when I could choose the map where I wanted to play. I'm not that kind of player that plays always at the same map, all the time, but it's so frustrating to play, in a month:

-74 times in Fiske Fabrikk;

-57 times in Brodalen Bridges;

-35 times in Viktorsen Station;

-68 times in Dverg Forest;

-84 times in Fjellkanten;

-23 times in Draug/Snødekt Batteries;

-5 (yes, only) times in Grøntheim Valley;

Moreover, choosing to delete the map selection has developed the teaming phenomenon in all the maps, and this phenomenon was exploded just after introducing Snødekt Batteries as featured map. So, I think that a step back to the map selection is the right way to try to minimize and to contain this phenomenon.

• Like 2

I mean I did mention sarcastically adding Blackhawks and tanks so if those get implemented in the future feel free to blame me 😂 it’s headed that way for sure!

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 1:56 AM, DoubleE_Killa said:

Dear Vigor Staff,

I'm a Vigor player since 11/2019, and I miss so much the time when I could choose the map where I wanted to play. I'm not that kind of player that plays always at the same map, all the time, but it's so frustrating to play, in a month:

-74 times in Fiske Fabrikk;

-57 times in Brodalen Bridges;

-35 times in Viktorsen Station;

-68 times in Dverg Forest;

-84 times in Fjellkanten;

-23 times in Draug/Snødekt Batteries;

-5 (yes, only) times in Grøntheim Valley;

Moreover, choosing to delete the map selection has developed the teaming phenomenon in all the maps, and this phenomenon was exploded just after introducing Snødekt Batteries as featured map. So, I think that a step back to the map selection is the right way to try to minimize and to contain this phenomenon.

Hi there, thanks for bringing this up.

We've removed map selection in order to lessen queue times and to lessen the prevalence of teamers - and it is highly unlikely that we would return map selection in the future. We've noticed that players have been complaining less about teamers, too.

In any case, you are able to play featured maps; Outlanders who would like to play with a partner may choose to play Duos. Players may now also try out Elimination, which is a new game mode we've added for 5v5 teams. 

"Hei Outlanders.

There are a lot of things going on in post-war Norway, I don't even know where to start. We took our time and listened to community feedback, trying to extract the wishes and interesting points to improve the Outlander experience."

We want map selection back... as soon as possible.

And I don't mind queuing for a map that I want to play

Edited by R0adki11
removed profanity
  • Like 2

I accept that I made my final address, but I still retain a shred of hope for the game and did say I would monitor things.

Therefore I could not let forsythiaas politically correct, and quite simply wrong response go unanswered.

1. Wait times have become worse not better since map selection was removed.

2. There are less complaints about teaming because outlanders are fed up of wasting their time complaining.

Finally. When has BI actually done anything that a paying outlander asked for? Once in my recollection, when I asked for a sound to accompany the use of the comm station. Virtually everyone wants map selection back, but will it happen? No.

Just check how many outlanders leave the lobbies when they end up on a map they don't like. 90% of encounters I play lose at least one.

So BI, do something your player base actually wants you to do for a refreshing change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4