heWqTfH.png

Custom load rigging and attaching of helicopter sling loads.

Features

• Set lifting points for objects not configured for sling loading
  • Lift vehicle wrecks
  • Use Forward and Aft cargo hooks on Huron, Mohawk, and RHS and CUP Chinook and Super Stallion, Global Mobilization CH-53G, TFC RCAF CH-147F, Unsung Redux -46 -47 -53, Mi-6 Hook and more
  • Sling load with VTOLs: Blackfish, Xi'an, CUP MV-22, DEGA V-22, FVL V-85

• Attach multiple cargo objects to a single cargo hook
  • Use multiple cargo hooks to secure a Dual-point load
  • Adjust length of cargo sling legs
  • Experience more reliable MP sling loading thanks to localizing cargo to helicopter

Please comment with other helis/vtols that need to be made compatible.

Steam Workshop

Requires ACE

GitHub

Basic Usage
Get a Cargo Sling item from the nearest helicopter or the Arsenal.
Go up to a cargo object and use the ACE actions under Rig for Sling Load to prepare the load.
Once the sling is rigged up, you will be holding the Apex Fitting (the part that goes in the cargo hook). If you drop it, you can pick it up again.
Holding the apex fitting, get it near a cargo hook, and use Attach Cargo to hook on.
In the helicopter, crew may use ACE action or CBA keybind to Release Cargo.

Advanced Usage
After the cargo is rigged up to either a cargo sling or a helicopter, use Adjust Rigging to adjust the length of the sling legs, either all together, or singly.

If you hold the Apex Fitting and try to move further from the cargo than the ropes allow, you will drop the Apex Fitting.

When hooking up a single cargo to multiple cargo hooks, the slings after the first one won't appear connected to the cargo! Don't worry, they will connect to the helicopter once you Attach Cargo.

Enable rigging on almost anything!

_cargo setVariable ["slr_slingload_isRiggingEnabled", true, true];

Script custom sling points on your cargo.

_cargo setVariable ["slr_slingload_liftPoints", [[x1,y1,z1], [x2,y2,z2]...], true];

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is incredible! Looking forward to playing with it.

• Like 1

Added Simplified Chinese Translation
Fixed immediately dropping Apex Fitting when NOT using ACE Interact Menu Action on Release

Updated to 1.0.2

Fixed Cargo Slings being added per client.
Tweaked initial rope length to sizeOf cargo to work better with larger cargo objects.

• Like 1

Awesome mod ... is there a way add cargo points to other aircraft liek VTOL for instance (it has a hook)

Added safe attachment point finding for helicopters with no slingload memory point defined to prevent ropes attaching to [0,0,0] and damaging the heli.

• Like 2

Hello again 🙂

Tried to evacuate crash-landed heli and have some issues, please look at 25.00 (may be still not HD)

And from 15.30

Rigging hook attaching have not visualized in process of rigging, but it was, and rigging points was not at the vehicle but in the air.
Heli was at some angle relatively at horizon, may be it is the reason. 

@beeper That's quite the ambitious lift! I'll look into offset hook placement for elevated cargo 😃
If you can confirm reproduction of this behaviour as well, that would be awesome.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:09 PM, ampersand38 said:

@beeper That's quite the ambitious lift! I'll look into offset hook placement for elevated cargo 😃
If you can confirm reproduction of this behaviour as well, that would be awesome.

What kind of reproduction you need? I think I can do it in editor, but how can I give you necessary data to work on? Make video or something?

On 2/9/2021 at 8:30 AM, beeper said:

What kind of reproduction you need? I think I can do it in editor, but how can I give you necessary data to work on? Make video or something?

Fix Manual RIg of elevated cargo objects

• Like 2

That's awesome!
Do you think the same system you've got here could somehow be used to "winch" wrecks onto the back of the ViV HEMTT's?

We're running an ALiVE mission at the moment using the 3CB ViV MAN trucks and it made me think, I can load a perfectly good landrover onto the back of these trucks but what's the point when I could just drive the landrover where it needs to go. What we need is a system to get these wrecks back to base for "repair" so slingloading is a great first step, being able to winch that onto the back of a recovery HEMTT would make the logistics nerd in me happy in all the wrong places. 

22 hours ago, JD Wang said:

That's awesome!
Do you think the same system you've got here could somehow be used to "winch" wrecks onto the back of the ViV HEMTT's?

The slingload dummy is only 1m x 1m, enough to be stable on the ground.

For ViV you'd want a dummy with an appropriately sized viv cargo space so spacing works out well, maybe via a system of various sized "pallets".

For that kind of recovery you might be better off just restoring the vehicle in-place to a not-wreck or a container so it can viv, and also disabling/locking it so the only option is to transport it to the depot.

Of course there's always attachTo, and ideally the engine would allow viv of wrecks =p

Added Rope End Loops model and support for VTOLs: Blackfish, Xi'an, CUP MV-22, DEGA V-22, FVL V-85

Fixed SOG:PF Huey

Added 3 hook support for Mi-6 Hook.

• Like 1