FunnyCookieEver

Shaking AI static weapons on a dedicated server

As it says in the title, I have an issue with AI behavior in static weapons on a dedicated server.

Here is the example of same AI on hosted server directly from Arma:

Spoiler

ok.gif

And here is an example from dedicated server:

Spoiler

wrong.gif

On a dedicated server AI constantly shakes static weapons even if there is no enemy. Another point is that it shoots only 2 bullets, strange for MG-42. 

It happens on all static weapons.

Spoiler

all.gif

What makes it more strange is that if you remove weapon crew and replace gunner with a new AI spawned from Zeus it behaves normally like on a hosted server from Arma.

If anyone has a solution or any assumptions I would be glad to know.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

IFA3 bug as far as i know as i see the same thing with and without mods.

You should be asking on the official release thread:

Search before you post, and know what your playing with, if you have an issue using a mod then ideally you should be asking

on the mod's release thread if it has one to see if you can rule out the possibility of it being an issue with the mod or not.

Be sure to test with the mod itself and nothing else to also rule out any other interferences.

• Like 2

We already looked into possible reasons or workarounds but no luck.

The issue was pushed to BI, yet they need a simple demo mission - preferably with A3 only, or just IFA3 AIO LITE.

• Like 1

This problem reminds me the old issue with modded aircraft (CUP/RHS if I remember) that were wiggling on their gears.
Perhaps a difficulty about setting old model for Arma 3.
Some tests could be done:

- on VR map or A3 map on flat terrain;

- changing crew for A3 units.

That looks like little collisions between crew and turret. LODs misfit?

NO shit sherlock :) this issue is even on vanilla set - this is coresponding to engine way of work on dedicated and simulation models, this thing that effect can be on attached objects due to simulation model of parent objects, but  the same reason cause for example too low rate of fire on machine /gatling guns - don't use simulations like "tank" - only  "tankX" make it correctly working - I was fight with this shit about 6 months and discover true issue by accident with config error on this simulation model.

BTW - with too high rate of fire in conjunction to recoil effect force this what not happen in terminator movie can happen in real and in arma :)  (set in this situation mass to x10 and center of mass [0,0,-2]  solve it excelent).

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Thanks 1