Sign in to follow this  
rainbow47

ARMA on two different computers?

Hi,

I installed Arma (+ all STeam Mods) on an external SSD connected via UBS-C. The external drive is connected to my desktop PC an works perfectly fine.

Now, I would like to run Arma on my laptop. I connected the external SSD via USB-C to my laptop and Steam finds the installation. However, when I start the launcher it shows me that all my mods are corrupted: "The mod is not installed correctly. Please try to reinstall it,....". Also all my Mod presets are gone.

Is there a way to fix it and use Arma from external SSD with two different computers?

Thanks 

Dont think its possible because the game runs on one steam account, two computers would basically be like two

people trying to play the same game on the same steam account.

Imo start a new account on steam, and buy a new copy of the game for it, game is on sale.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Dont think its possible because the game runs on one steam account, two computers would basically be like two

people trying to play the same game on the same steam account.

Imo start a new account on steam, and buy a new copy of the game for it, game is on sale.

I could have mis-read the OP, but I'm fairly sure that the OP is using the same Steam account on both his desktop and laptop and isn't trying to play them both at the same time.

Especially considering the OP is trying to run them using the same SSD...would be a bit difficult on two computers at the same time...

Anyway, try connecting the drive up and verifying the integrity of the game cache through Steam.

9 minutes ago, Jackal326 said:

I'm fairly sure that the OP is using the same Steam account on both his desktop and laptop and isn't trying to play them both at the same time.

Of course not, hes trying to connect to the same external ssd through his laptop when he previously was using it on his pc without issues,

somehow it came across to me that he was trying to setup another ssd using the same account like a copy of the game which idk if thats possible.