JasonO99

Rugged Screen - Remove Static?

Hello,

I'm using some PIP setObjectTexture stuff on some screens - however, the screen I want to use has some terrible static on it that ruins my choice of using it. It's the right size for what I want.

PXQolsa.jpg

It seems the different type of 'Rugged Large Screen' does this, however the smaller screens of similar type and other type of objects that have a setObjectTexture selection seem to have no problems at all. Is there a way of stopping the static? I'm doing nothing different to the top left screen vs the right one (they look slightly different because of the way the screens crop the video feed).

I'm guessing it's an effect put in for this particular screen for a BIS mission but I might be missing something.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

Probably done, but did you play with option Ultra for PiP in video settings?

In the same screen on the right, an image I had showed just fine.

Maybe try with a different picture or a different size because the static is something like the one you get when .ogv files are not in the needed resolution. 

maybe play with aspect ratio

Render To Texture

#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(surface,aspect)

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 12:05 PM, pierremgi said:

Probably done, but did you play with option Ultra for PiP in video settings?

Yes it's on ultra. Tried other settings but same issue.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, JohnKalo said:

In the same screen on the right, an image I had showed just fine.

Maybe try with a different picture or a different size because the static is something like the one you get when .ogv files are not in the needed resolution. 

Images (ie textures, jpg/paa) show fine. It's just when doing render2target stuff that that particular screen has static. It almost looks intentional (ie BI wanted that screen to do the effect it does)

On 6/10/2020 at 3:34 PM, M1ke_SK said:

maybe play with aspect ratio

Render To Texture

#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(surface,aspect)

I shall play around with this (I intended to anyway as the screens don't all fit right) and see if it stops the static.

Thanks all for the replies.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 8:54 AM, JasonO99 said:

Yes it's on ultra. Tried other settings but same issue.

Images (ie textures, jpg/paa) show fine. It's just when doing render2target stuff that that particular screen has static. It almost looks intentional (ie BI wanted that screen to do the effect it does)

I shall play around with this (I intended to anyway as the screens don't all fit right) and see if it stops the static.

Thanks all for the replies.

@JasonO99Did you make any progress?? Running into this exact issue with a few people in my community...