karmatt

Help to create a task

Hi, I wanted to create a scene. I'm sorry for my bad english. So, when I take a man out of a building, I want the assignment to be complete and at the same time, I want the highlighted area to appear on the map for a new assignment. How is it possible? Thanks in advance.

You could use a simple trigger. When the man is not inside, it completes. You could sync it to a task. I'm not sure how you have things setup. Could you provide some more information? I don't really use the Editor for anything other than playable units and respawn markers. I'm on mobile at the moment so I can't be much help. Search the Wiki for 'in' and 'list'.

!unit1 in thislist

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, HazJ said:

You could use a simple trigger. When the man is not inside, it completes. You could sync it to a task. I'm not sure how you have things setup. Could you provide some more information? I don't really use the Editor for anything other than playable units and respawn markers. I'm on mobile at the moment so I can't be much help. Search the Wiki for 'in' and 'list'.

!unit1 in thislist

Yep, I can try in this way. I let you know soon. Thanks in advance

I don't know...doesn't work. Unfortunately, I don't understand wich way to create the trigger.

TASK.jpg

1-Create task module with BLUFOR as owner, assigned,title:KILL OPFOR, description: describe task to player.

4- Create task module with BLUFOR as owner, assigned,title:MOVE TO NEW AO, description: describe task to player.

Trigger A)

set this trigger as described above...when OPFOR is dead or exit the trigger,(OPFOR NOT PRESENT) it will fire the SET TASK STATE module (2) giving you the SUCCEEDED status to your task.

It will also fire the second CREATE TASK module (4) assigning you the second task (move to new AO)

Trigger B)

Once you enter the trigger area, (BLUFOR PRESENT) it will fire the SET TASK STATE module (5) giving you the SUCCEEDED status on your last task.

Hope it helps, dude...BUT READ THE WIKI @HazJ posted..THAT'S BASIC!!!!!

• Like 1

Good post @zagor64bz - Sorry I couldn't be more help, I simply don't use the Eden editor. I usually script everything. Only thing on the map is markers and units which are all positioned at [0, 0, 1000] (bottom left).

5 hours ago, HazJ said:

Good post @zagor64bz

Thank you bud!😉

5 hours ago, HazJ said:

Sorry I couldn't be more help, I simply don't use the Eden editor. I usually script everything.

I use scripts myself, but I tried to keep it simple for the rookie...so starting from the editor is the simplest way to understand triggers and whatnot. Besides, you've been plenty helpful in this forum...no need to apologize!!😉

• Like 1