First...………...LOVE the game!

in the last 24 hours...…………...I've watched the crate get picked up, then their green icons on the map disappear after a couple of blips...……….whats up with that.....also have the video clip to prove it...……..its happened several times.

Have bots been introduced?...…...I'm playing along use my signal detector, no one around and poof. A hundred yards down the road a clueless like person appears with nothing in their crate.

Really.…………...mortars?...……..keep with the tradition of the game, its how you lured us all in...………...if anything Molotov cocktails would fit with the genre of the game.

how about a new map????? trolls?, is that your answer to keeping us onboard...……...are you kidding me?

Don't get me wrong the game is a good game...……...but were all waiting on a new map...……….these cheesy new ascetics are not going to keep the masses long.

Get out a new map and hone the basics...…………...its why were all here

motivated_doc

Couple of theory’s given the scummy nature of the vigor player base. I suspect nobody “loots” other than for exp for the battlepass, it’s possible people either come under fire during collection of the crate and or simply dismantle the crate after getting the exp for picking it up and not bothering to extract it. Especially common if it’s a basic crate. Camping is also rife but I wouldn’t be surprised if bots are or will be a thing. But yeah as for the empty loot boxes that’s very common indeed I do it all the time if I ever actually play to begin with 

Been asking for a new map for a few seasons now, their answer was a snow version of battery...

The basics have been neglected for far to long to the point that it doesn't really matter anymore.

Aesthetics is their answer to giving us something new without actually giving us anything new, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure there was a communal eye roll when people saw mortars but hey, what ever brings the kids in.

And with the crate disappearing it's more than likely people destroying it.

And people thought the adding wildlife was not a good idea lmfao Mortars🤣🤣🤣 next itll be call in a chopper gunner for S5

Hey I joked about that in the past! Now it’s looking more likely 😂😂 call In a cobra gunship to provide close air support? Maybe season 6 we can have anti air vehicles to try and shoot down the drop? 🤔

• Like 1

Hi everyone 🙂 we're happy to see and read the discussions that were sparked by the new additions we have planned for the game. We are always thankful to our partners and our players, who provide us with the Update Preview content and feedback. However, watching the videos is different from playing the game - so we are excited to see the data from all of the additions we plan to introduce with Season 4.

If one or more additions aren't well-received, it will definitely show in the data as well - may it be how many players play the new game mode, how movement in the encounters changes, or which consumables will be the most/least used. The team is excited to see how Season 4 will go - we're hoping that you are, too.

No game mode has to stay if it's not bringing value to the players, and we will see how the data and feedback change once you get the chance to try out everything for yourself. Not everything is set in stone. We know everyone is worried about the mortars (as first mentioned in this thread by @motivated_doc), but it isn't as OP as everyone is thinking 🙂

@motivated_doc, what I think regarding the air drop is as @Matthew Aiken mentioned - they probably destroyed the crate after picking it up.

We have not introduced bots into the game, and Season 4 will be having a new game mode called "Elimination", which will be a 5v5 game mode - it has a nice new map called "Islands", and it will likely be coming to Encounters in the future 🍅

I mean that does address what some people have asked for in the form of team modes but it also pushes others away further from the original concept of the game. Any intentions to return to shelter focus in the future or even a hub area to meet other outlanders?