Pup3024

Game Over

Watched a video on youtube previewing the 4.0 upgrade......If you haven't seen it, it is worth a watch.  I am done once the new upgrade hits.  Mortar strikes, jammers, radiation infused air drops, plus being able to change the airdrop entirely......not to mention NO NEW MAPS.  The underground bunker will be nothing more than a place to store your weapons...  Essentially, you will be able to see people hiding in buildings or sniper positions and just drop bombs on them.  Yes, I get campers are annoying but it is part of the game.  Now you can just use the signal detector and then drop a bomb on them.....LAME!

It only took a couple of seasons to give us instant crafting consumables...

Finally something to spend my 3 million resources on, I don't see portable signals or mortar strikes being spammed at all 😂😂😂

I do think it's dumb that now 4 seasons later we have the ability to call in a mortar strike but before we had no help???

If you didn't have it before you definitely have confirmation now that the game has moved on from the original concept.

Whaaaaaaat.....?!! Tell me this is a troll and this isn’t actually a thing?!  Why the f...!(censored) if this is true that’s really gonna kill it for me. Yes okay their pushing the boat out and doing ever more elaborate mechanic updates like a mortar strike but it’s not what I signed up for playing this game! I’m not even going to go full rant on this one I’m just not 😤

@Matthew Aiken there's a few preview videos on YouTube of season 4.

Still can't choose map from what I've seen, so it'll continue to be dverg every second map...

It's like they're panicked they're losing player numbers so they're throwing the most ridiculous thing out there.

Sorry guys......not a troll!  Started from the beginning and sad to see it come to an end.  GAME OVER

• Like 1

Hi everyone 🙂 we're happy to see and read the discussions that were sparked by the new additions we have planned for the game. We are always thankful to our partners and our players, who provide us with the Update Preview content and feedback. However, watching the videos is different from playing the game - so we are excited to see the data from all of the additions we plan to introduce with Season 4.

If one or more additions aren't well-received, it will 100% show in the data as well (may it be how many players play the new game mode, how movement in the encounters changes, or which consumables will be the most/least used).

No game mode has to stay if it's not bringing value to the players, and we will see how the data and feedback change once you get the chance to try out everything for yourself. Not everything is set in stone.

The team is excited to see how Season 4 will go - we're hoping that you are, too 🍅

Edited by fOrsythiaa

On 6/3/2020 at 5:44 AM, fOrsythiaa said:

Hi everyone 🙂 we're happy to see and read the discussions that were sparked by the new additions we have planned for the game. We are always thankful to our partners and our players, who provide us with the Update Preview content and feedback. However, watching the videos is different from playing the game - so we are excited to see the data from all of the additions we plan to introduce with Season 4.

If one or more additions aren't well-received, it will 100% show in the data as well (may it be how many players play the new game mode, how movement in the encounters changes, or which consumables will be the most/least used).

No game mode has to stay if it's not bringing value to the players, and we will see how the data and feedback change once you get the chance to try out everything for yourself. Not everything is set in stone.

The team is excited to see how Season 4 will go - we're hoping that you are, too 🍅

If you were changing the game based on how "well-received" it was you'd think you'd return things like map select that people were complaining about being removed for a while.

See the problem, fOrsythiaa, is that you and your community team always talk about feedback and pretend to listen but as we all know nothing ever becomes of it.

There are lots of people who enjoyed playing vigor and have moved on because of the carelessness of the development team.

The models of power creeping out the old with new overpowered weapons, increasingly forcing people into situations where they NEED consumables (iodine for radiation crates will be a must now) and in general pay to win are all very bad ideas. 
They all also reflect on the master pay-to-win model. If you want better guns/consumables you have to either get an obscene amount of high-grade crates or buy season passes and do a lot of grinding or spend even more crowns to level through.
If you want to afford to bring overpowered consumables and weapons every game there's no better way then to spam insurance ensuring you'll have an unfair advantage over most other players (portable detector spam to know where the closest enemy is and ADR to snipe across the map) 

Pay to win may give the company a lot of money, sure, but as the reputation of your game is tarnished by doing this its bad name will make new players turn the other way, especially when they see how unfair it can get.
So in the long run you'll maybe make a fair amount of money in a short time but if you decided not to continuously force people into unfair pay-to-win situations and fixed your servers which often have massive hit registration problems you'd probably have a lot more longevity to your game and likely a more popular one too but you'd never listen anyways so what's the point of even writing this, eh?

• Like 5

Couldn’t have put it better myself I mean I don’t want to rip into the game because I’ve spent countless hours on it but I now haven’t visited it in months even to collect free food or even crowns!  Nothing to spend em on that catch’s my interest anyway and even if there was the game has lost its lustre. All of the above points are well said honestly truely believe they should just bury this project and go make something else. Give us a new game, vigor the campaign story shelter stuff would be good but reimagine it as a survival Game against the elements! Stronger and stronger radiation storms are coming and we have to gather supplies to survive it like “7 days to die” each day perhaps bringing new challenges like repairing damage or fighting off outlanders. Just a thought, I won’t go too deep into the concept but that’s my thoughts 

• Like 2