Hi guys, how are you? I would like to ask a question, is there a possibility to binarize a p3d model without compressing it? that is to say, maintain the same weight the model before binarizing?

What? you want a larger file filled with garbage?

I assume weight is just wrong translation.

p3d's aren't really.. compressed, some parts in there yeah but the file itself no. What is your intention?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dedmen said:

¿Qué? ¿Quieres un archivo más grande lleno de basura?

Supongo que el peso es una traducción incorrecta.

los p3d no están realmente ... comprimidos, algunas partes allí, pero el archivo en sí no. ¿Cual es tu intencion?

thanks for answering my friend, if I know that the question sounds somewhat logical, what happens is that I binarize a p3d model that I am doing and when I put it in the game it gives errors, but when I use it without binarizing it works without problems, then I thought it was understanding the binarization process that causes it to lose some LOD characteristics

12 hours ago, Barba-negra said:

thanks for answering my friend, if I know that the question sounds somewhat logical, what happens is that I binarize a p3d model that I am doing and when I put it in the game it gives errors, but when I use it without binarizing it works without problems, then I thought it was understanding the binarization process that causes it to lose some LOD characteristics

No, binarize isn't "breaking" your model, the model is broken to begin with (otherwise it would Bianrize correctly and without error messages being thrown). There is an issue with either your model, model.cfg or config.cpp/bin for Binarize to be "breaking" it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

No, binarize no está " rompiendo"  su modelo, el modelo está roto para empezar (de lo contrario, Bianrize sería correcto y sin mensajes de error). Hay un problema con su modelo, model.cfg o config.cpp / bin para que Binarize lo " rompa"  .

I understand friends, is there somewhere where I can see the error messages? I'm binarizing with Addons builder

I've been using Mikero's Tool suite for what feels like decades so can't really offer much help with regard to Addon Builder. However I would assume it produces some form of log or error report for each pbo it compiles.

I've just tried booting up Addon Builder and at the bottom of the tool is a button marked 'Logs'. I assume that takes you to where any logs are generated when issues are found creating the addon (i.e. issues during the binarization process). Mine just opened My Documents (but maybe that is where it saves the logs).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

I've been using Mikero's Tool suite for what feels like decades so can't really offer much help with regard to Addon Builder. However I would assume it produces some form of log or error report for each pbo it compiles.

I've just tried booting up Addon Builder and at the bottom of the tool is a button marked 'Logs'. I assume that takes you to where any logs are generated when issues are found creating the addon (i.e. issues during the binarization process). Mine just opened My Documents (but maybe that is where it saves the logs).

thanks friend I just saw it and yes, it showed me the error log that there are, there are several, I must see how to fix them

Keep in mind that this is the mission editing & scripting forum. You might get more eyes on your problem if you asked a moderator to move this to the modelling or configs forum.

• Like 1