razzored

Mission file crashing Server?.

Hi, i have been accused twice of crashing entire dedicated servers at a hosting company.
First time i went with it, i was running 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1402462003 and since they said the arma 3 server had attempted to use hundreds of GB of ram, it had crashed the entire node (the memory usage i can confirm), i assumed the mission might just have spawned in endless loops of AI after we all left???

2nd time was tonight running a mission made by a member of my arma 3 unit, this mission seemed rather simple and certainly had no scripts, a few hours after putting it on (with no players on, pre event time) i noticed server used 20gb of ram and when i restarted it, the entire machine went offline.

QUESTION

Is it true? could these missions be causing huge memory leaks, or is it more likely that other gameservers or the company has a system flaw or something??

(Mods are out of the question since each instance happened with fully different modpacks and modpack that is on today has been used for 2 years with no incidents.

If anyone wants to check the mission files
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmcemuwl6o8vbno/Trainingmap.Panovo.pbo/file This is the one used today
Bulwarks can be found in the previous link provided.

Help, i cannot truly believe that the missions would crash an entire server?
plus in both instances, it happened hours after being away, meaning it could be coincidental that i just happend to log in at the time it happened.

RPT 
https://justpaste.it/3hsdc

I put the same mission file on another server with same modpack, and it worked fine, i did not leave it on for hours though, but i am having a hard time grasping wtf is happening.

Also the server that went down running bulwarks a long time ago, i realized it might have been on the exact same server as the one that went down yesterday. If this is correct, that would mean the issue is exclusive to this machine somehow :S

16 hours ago, razzored said:

they said the arma 3 server had attempted to use hundreds of GB of ram

How can the server use hundreds if the server only has 32GB total

PhysMem: 32 GiB

Version: 1.98.146300

Huh? We are at 146373 not 146300. That server is running a old version?

arma3server_x64_69050

Why does the binary have such a weird name...

-cpucount=8 -exthreads=5

Oh noo.. please don't mess with these parameters

-port=3002 true

what is that "true" there? true is not a start parameter.

-servermod="@IFA3_AIO_LITE"

You are loading that mod twice, once as mod and a second time as serverside only mod.

@CSA38 mod - Czechoslovak army 1938 (Munich crisis;

You are also loadng that mod twice.

@ACE 3 Extension (Placeables

Aren't you missing the closing ) ?

16:42:50 ErrorMessage: Out of memory. Your swap file is too small, only 3 MB of free space left. Increase your swap file size or delete some files from your hard disk

Well seems like thats your issue, Arma needs OS swap file.

Ah I see, it didn't use hundeds of GB of ram, because it used the swap file... I've never seen that..

I would attempt to read your mod thing, but due to that paste site having removed all the linebreaks.... I just won't.

@Dedmen
All the mod loading issues (double loading ect) is due to the server being set to "autoLoad" subbed mods, which can be buggy at times.
As for the swap file.. ?? what could cause that?
All i need to know at the end of the day, is if the missionfile is responsible or not :S
And if not, the actual cause would be cool to know.

As for the hundreds of ram, that was long ago when doing bulwarks.
THIS TIME, it only used 24GB of ram as stated in the original message, all be it a little messy 😛 

@Dedmen
Found out, the reason it uses swap, is because it ran out of ram.
However, i cannot grasp how it ran out of ram, missionfile had no crazy scripts or anything and the mods are used on multiple other servers and has never caused issues O_o

I'd first recommend updating to the actual current version of Arma.