Desperta Ferro

Set sunrise and sunset time

Hello all,

Like I say in the title, anyone knows if there is any option to set those variables in Exile?

Or do I have to find a script that does this?

I've searched but i didn't find anything clear to do this, maybe I didn't search well...

I'm pretty sure, these are vanilla mission params. You set via mission start date and then the game engine calculates it. If I understood you correctly, by what you mean...

• Thanks 1

My idea is to be able to manually set the sunrise and sunset times. Ex: sunrise = 7:00 and sunset = 20:00. I wanted to know if there was any option in exile to set it.

1 hour ago, chernaruski said:

You set via mission start date and then the game engine calculates it

If so, I will ask in a more appropriated forum. Do you by any chance know something about this or some post?

@Desperta Ferro - Well you can SORTA change the times.

From what I know, the times come from the Lat/Long coordinates of the map.  And taking those you can then do a simple look-up for the times.  Sadly, this in the map itself.  You MIGHT be able to do a config over ride on this, but MYSELF, I am too ignorant to tell you how to go about this.

BUT, you can also set the times, TO A DEGREE, by setting the date.  You adjust this value in the Exile config file that has the weather patterns defined.  I think it is right above the weather lines.

What I do on my server, every time the server restarts, I have a program that automatically sets the mission to the current date and time (sets it before the ARMA server starts), so mine is literally 'real time' and not 'static' like default Exile is, which is so lame.

So you have 4 choices:

#1 - Leave it be

#2 - Use a map config file over ride, which some do exist for skies,tides, and animals

#3 - Set the date manually to the 'best' fitting time frame your looking at

#4 - Use a program like I do

That's about it!

🙂