Hi,

I'm using a trigger to spawn AI (CSAT) boats and make them move to a waypoint (to chase the blufor boats) and I am getting a "generic code error" when I try to do this. The code I have so far is as follows:

group_2 = creategroup east;  enemy2 = group_2 createVehicle ["O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F ",getmarkerpos "spawn2",[],0,"form"]; enemy2 domove (getmarkerpos "waypoint2")

This code is situated in the activation section of the trigger. I have a dot marker set as spawn2 and a circle marker set as waypoint 2 (as I'm spawning a load of ground units at the same time who spawn at spawn1). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Instead of spawning new units, I find it easier to move existing units from one place to another.

11 hours ago, Arma Llama said:

group_2 = creategroup east;  enemy2 = group_2 createVehicle ["O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F ",getmarkerpos "spawn2",[],0,"form"]; enemy2 domove (getmarkerpos "waypoint2")

Wrong usage of createVehicle command.... among other things:

enemy2 = "O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F" createVehicle getmarkerpos "spawn2"; group_2 = createVehicleCrew enemy2; enemy2 domove (getmarkerpos "waypoint2")

11 hours ago, Arma Llama said:

Hi,

I'm using a trigger to spawn AI (CSAT) boats and make them move to a waypoint (to chase the blufor boats) and I am getting a "generic code error" when I try to do this. The code I have so far is as follows:

This code is situated in the activation section of the trigger. I have a dot marker set as spawn2 and a circle marker set as waypoint 2 (as I'm spawning a load of ground units at the same time who spawn at spawn1). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You could use a script that has this ability already, eg the one in my sig.....

👇

On 5/25/2020 at 8:54 AM, dreadpirate said:

You could use a script that has this ability already, eg the one in my sig.....

👇

I would but I honestly have no idea of what to do with scripts 

21 minutes ago, Arma Llama said:

I would but I honestly have no idea of what to do with scripts 

We all started out that way.....

There's a demo mission provided with the script that you can open up and learn how everything works

On 5/25/2020 at 9:49 AM, pierremgi said:

Wrong usage of createVehicle command.... among other things:

enemy2 = "O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F" createVehicle getmarkerpos "spawn2"; group_2 = createVehicleCrew enemy2; enemy2 domove (getmarkerpos "waypoint2")

Did you test it?

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 8:13 AM, pierremgi said:

Did you test it?

Hey sorry, yeah I forgot to come back and say thanks!

Worked as you did and allowed me to spawn two boats with waypoints, so huge thanks for that !

• Like 1

In the future, refer to my AI compilation list as a reference, as there are many threads, scripts, ect,. in the list

that may cover the area in which you need help with for AI. Cheers!