Sign in to follow this  
Kodak

Adding hide body -function?

Hi everyone,

I have a simple question. Is it possible to add a hide body -function via scripting for a soldier who normally does not have that ability, without editing the .cpp file of the model?

Thanks for the reply.

Oh, well. I guess I'll just have include an edited version of the unit I wish to have the ability in my mission smile.gif

It should be possible to make a custom hide body script.

Basic idea:

[*] Use nearestObject and check for type to get the body you wish to hide.

[*] Gradually setpos the body so that it sinks into the ground

Then just use addaction function to add the script to the menu of your soldier.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 22 2003,22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It should be possible to make a custom hide body script.

Basic idea:

[*] Use nearestObject and check for type to get the body you wish to hide.

[*] Gradually setpos the body so that it sinks into the ground

Then just use addaction function to add the script to the menu of your soldier.<span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif You are true ! I used same way for my custom remove-mine function weeks ago. biggrin.gif

That sounds like a sensible solution. However, I'm not sure how to use nearestObject to detect whether or not the object is a man.

I know that nearestObject works like this:

nearestObject [player, "object"]

But what to put in the "object" -field? Do I really have to specify all types of enemy soldiers (Spetznaz, Grenadier, Sniper etc...) an make a trigger for all of them or can I put something generic like a "man" in the object-field?

Unfortunately you must use exact type of soldier (Spetznaz, Grenadier, Sniper).

Script can be better sollution for this.

You can do it like this:

first create a trigger:

Activation: EAST; Radius 65000,65000; Type: Once

OnActivation:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_x addEventHandler ["killed",{(_this select 0) addaction["Hide Body","Hide.sqs"]}]} foreach thislist<span id='postcolor'>

Now create a script "Hide.sqs":

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit = _this select 0

_unit removeaction (_this select 2)

_z = getpos _unit select 2

#loop

_z = _z - .0001

_unit setpos [getpos _unit select 0, getpos _unit select 1, _z]

? _z > -1: goto "loop"

deletevehicle _unit

<span id='postcolor'>

works fine  wink.gif

lol. Sneaky smile.gif

Good solution by reversing the problem! smile.gif

That's a nice one! I've been pondering this issue too. But isn't it actually possible to hide dead cars and tanks as well with this script?  wow.gif

Takes a bit more work to isolate it for bodies only...

You are right, that was just a "fast shot", modify it to:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{if("Man" countType [_x] > 0) then {_x addEventHandler ["killed",{(_this select 0) addaction["Hide Body","Hide.sqs"]}]}} foreach thislist<span id='postcolor'>

now it should work. Maybe you have to test what happens if people leave their vehicles...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dschulle @ Jan. 24 2003,14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe you have to test what happens if people leave their vehicles...<span id='postcolor'>

Already did. People out of their cars don't activate the trigger. Now it gets more complicated. Seems that a looping script of some kind is required, but it can only be done by maintaining an array of dead units already having the "hide body" -action defined. Otherwise the loop would cause dead people to get a new "hide body" -action at every loop.

OK, I came up with a workaround. It uses your hide.sqs as such, but instead of a looping trigger it has a more cpu friendly script:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_deadArray = [];

#reScan

~1

_obj = nearestObject [((getpos player select 0) + 2*(sin getDir player)), ((getpos player select 1) + 2*(cos getdir player)), getpos player select 2];

; --- if the object is alive, do nothing ---

?(alive _obj) : goto "reScan";

; --- if the object is already in the _deadArray, do nothing ---

?(_obj in _deadArray): goto "rescan";

; --- if the object is not a "Man", do nothing ---

?("Man" countType [_obj] < 1) : goto "rescan";

; --- Add the dead in _deadArray and add the Hide Body -action ---

_deadArray = _deadArray + [_obj];

_obj addaction["Hide Body","Hide.sqs"];

goto "reScan";<span id='postcolor'>

It takes the nearest object at a point 2 m in front of the player, checks if the object is dead, a man and not already added to the _deadArray. Only then it adds the hide body -action.

Should work OK in all situations.

Thank you, gentlemen!

The combined efforts of Dschulle and Spitfire have resulted in exactly what I was after!

You fellas are great!