Oysterizer

unknown Jet HUD reticule

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what the circular reticule marked as #3 here is used for?

It also has changing count value displayed above it.

y4m2a9nJMg1i3cYECOgvfMB-TGt90ELKB6gYbKCl

Cheers!

Thanks stanhope.

I notice that there is a counter and that the circle around the reticule retracts and reappears, do you know where I could find info regarding that?

I checked the link but's its very generic so wondering if there was something more arma3 related around?

cheers!

That's the range ring. The "counter" is range to whatever the pipper (center dot) is on, and the ring is a visual cue for when you are approaching/within the acceptable engagement range. 

Not sure what aircraft this is you are flying, but it would guess that #1 is either a boresight - where the aircraft is pointing along its longitudinal axis - or a depressible pipper, which I would be surprised to find implemented in an aircraft in Arma. #2 is the velocity vector, which shows your actual direction of travel.

Thanks for the replies guys, that helps a lot.

From that particular screenshot I guess 'no ring' would be when it would be acceptable to engage, since there it is pointing above the horizon.

FYI, it's a Gryphon.

cheers. 

54 minutes ago, Oysterizer said:

I guess 'no ring' would be when it would be acceptable to engage

If you look closely, you'll see two indices on the ring at about 1 and 7 o'clock. The space between those two indices is the "in-range" envelope. If the ring is gone, you are too close to terrain.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:39 PM, Harzach said:

If you look closely, you'll see two indices on the ring at about 1 and 7 o'clock. The space between those two indices is the "in-range" envelope. If the ring is gone, you are too close to terrain.

Thanks! Is there anywhere that this sort of info is written down?

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, Oysterizer said:

Is there anywhere that this sort of info is written down?

For Arma specifically, I don't know. But it's a common system, and you should be able to find a bunch of tutorials that describe/demonstrate its use in DCS (specifically A-10C gun/rocket employment).