ThePie

Some Basic Game Mechanic Updates

Hey Vigor Team. After playing this version of the game I have some suggestions for you.

Immediate Fixes

• The "Battle Pass" Menu screen should not be flashing what level you are every time you pass over it. Its audio is too loud, and it freezes the player from continuing to cycle through the menu which is annoying. 
  • Egregious team killing right when the match starts should be punished heavily.
  • Walking into car's or some other large objects while playing will cause the player to engage in a "free fall" animation. Should check the boundaries on these objects. 
  • When radiation enters the map, it seems to cover the entire map instantly. Take a look at other Battle Royal games such as BF5 or Fortnite (the fire and blue shield is very visible). My suggestion would be to have the radiation come in slower, and be more visible (give it a yellow or green poisonous hue).

Future Additions

• Another map, larger with even more players.
  • Would it "ruin" the gameplay your after if you had a counter that shows the total number of players remaining? Maybe put it somewhere on the map so its not always on the screen, or show it only periodically. 
  • Can you give items to your teammate while in game? I haven't seen a way to drop or share items but this would be a very useful team feature. Healing teammates while injured or something like that.

Your fellow game developer.

- Cant say I've had an issue with the battlepass screen or the audio being too loud.

- maybe a penalty for team killing within a certain amount of time but then people would find a way around it anyway.

- that I have noticed but not against cars or buildings.

- radiation has no colour or smell, I think the way it is now is fine except for the bug that STILL exists in where a player thats at the end of the map with no radiation, they get the radition affect because someone is in it at the other end of the map.

- definitely need more maps but I'm happy with the size, bridges is a little too big to be honest.

- players left counter would take away from the game, use the signals or portables if you need to know who or how many are left.

- a trading system with your partner has been asked for, currently you can trade weapons in weapon cases/safe/cache but you can't trade other loot.

• Like 2

Hi there @ThePie, thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions.

Here are some responses for the points you've brought up:

• The "Battle Pass" Menu screen flashing what level you are every time you check it out is a bug indeed, and the team has been made aware of it already. They're currently investigating it. 🙂
  • Team killing can be frustrating for sure, and we're sorry that you're experiencing this. Though the "team killer" marker is probably not enough for them to stop killing teammates, we could look into more ways that can stop them from doing so.
  • We've tweaked the collisions between objects and players already, so it's interesting that you're experiencing this. Has this been happening with the most recent update of 3.1, or is this something that used to happen in the past? Do you notice it happening till now? If yes, could you please provide us with a clip/screenshots and information on what map you experience this in?
  • Radiation has been adjusted a couple of times already; perhaps it's best to check out the map to see from which direction the radiation is gonna be coming from. Also, once you're in the radiation cloud, your screen could distort in a way that it could make it difficult to see things in game (depending on how far into the radiation you are or how long you've been in it). However, if more people in the community did say that it was difficult to decipher whether or not you're in the radiation cloud already, we'd definitely consider tweaking it further.

As for the additions for the future:

• We're definitely working new maps -- actually, the map used for the Shooutout mode is a small part of a bigger map that the team is working on. You can definitely look forward to new maps in the future 🙂
  • I guess the counter for remaining players would be interesting, but it could give a BR vibe which is not what we are going for. Nevertheless, we could pass it on to the team as an idea 🍅
  • Unfortunately, we're not working on a trading system between teammates or something similar. It's not something we'd focus on right now, as there are other things that we have in mind to add into the game 🙂 

I hope that I've been able to shed some insight on some things in game. We're more than happy to interact with y'all when it comes to suggestions and feedback, so feel free to let us know on here in the forums or on our social media pages if you've got some interesting ideas 🙂 Thank you for playing, and see you in the Outlands! 🍅

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fOrsythiaa said:

Hi there @ThePie, thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions.

Here are some responses for the points you've brought up:

• The "Battle Pass" Menu screen flashing what level you are every time you check it out is a bug indeed, and the team has been made aware of it already. They're currently investigating it. 🙂
  • Team killing can be frustrating for sure, and we're sorry that you're experiencing this. Though the "team killer" marker is probably not enough for them to stop killing teammates, we could look into more ways that can stop them from doing so.
  • We've tweaked the collisions between objects and players already, so it's interesting that you're experiencing this. Has this been happening with the most recent update of 3.1, or is this something that used to happen in the past? Do you notice it happening till now? If yes, could you please provide us with a clip/screenshots and information on what map you experience this in?
  • Radiation has been adjusted a couple of times already; perhaps it's best to check out the map to see from which direction the radiation is gonna be coming from. Also, once you're in the radiation cloud, your screen could distort in a way that it could make it difficult to see things in game (depending on how far into the radiation you are or how long you've been in it). However, if more people in the community did say that it was difficult to decipher whether or not you're in the radiation cloud already, we'd definitely consider tweaking it further.

As for the additions for the future:

• We're definitely working new maps -- actually, the map used for the Shooutout mode is a small part of a bigger map that the team is working on. You can definitely look forward to new maps in the future 🙂
  • I guess the counter for remaining players would be interesting, but it could give a BR vibe which is not what we are going for. Nevertheless, we could pass it on to the team as an idea 🍅
  • Unfortunately, we're not working on a trading system between teammates or something similar. It's not something we'd focus on right now, as there are other things that we have in mind to add into the game 🙂 

I hope that I've been able to shed some insight on some things in game. We're more than happy to interact with y'all when it comes to suggestions and feedback, so feel free to let us know on here in the forums or on our social media pages if you've got some interesting ideas 🙂 Thank you for playing, and see you in the Outlands! 🍅

@fOrsythiaa Good to here there's improvements being worked on! All these suggestions are for version 3.1 only.

After playing another 10 encounters or so, I take back my suggestion about the player counter. I was not aware of what the signal indicator did. eKLaB mentioned a radiation bug above, I've definitely experienced that also.

I would really like to see a option for dropping items on the ground as the "trading system" when playing with a team mate. No need for a trading menu system, just let us drop items on the ground. If you're worried about lots of extra 3D models lying around, when a item is dropped, bag up the item in a brown bag or or crate/chest model and display that instead of the full 3D model for a weapon or other item. Same some precious resources that way.

I've experienced and seen in streams a number of times when I'm shooting at someone, pretty close range, and it doesn't seem to be doing much, and then can turn around and my player died within half a second. Hard to say how things are being registered but there seems to be some discrepancy that I've seen people complaining about when it comes to fluid aiming and motion. something that can be improved over time, but its a core game mechanic so should always be a primary focus.

Lastly, there really needs to be more info in regards to mechanics in the game. Make a articles online or in-game in which players can read. Then questions can be answered like:

• Why is there a red phone ringing?
  • What does the signal detector do?
  • Why is there a option for me to dig holes in the ground in this cave?

On 5/18/2020 at 2:17 AM, ThePie said:

I would really like to see a option for dropping items on the ground as the "trading system" when playing with a team mate. No need for a trading menu system, just let us drop items on the ground. If you're worried about lots of extra 3D models lying around, when a item is dropped, bag up the item in a brown bag or or crate/chest model and display that instead of the full 3D model for a weapon or other item. Same some precious resources that way.

I've experienced and seen in streams a number of times when I'm shooting at someone, pretty close range, and it doesn't seem to be doing much, and then can turn around and my player died within half a second. Hard to say how things are being registered but there seems to be some discrepancy that I've seen people complaining about when it comes to fluid aiming and motion. something that can be improved over time, but its a core game mechanic so should always be a primary focus. 

Lastly, there really needs to be more info in regards to mechanics in the game. Make a articles online or in-game in which players can read. Then questions can be answered like:

• Why is there a red phone ringing?
  • What does the signal detector do?
  • Why is there a option for me to dig holes in the ground in this cave?

I (and many agree) trading in some formal way would be nice, but even with the nice idea of dropping things in the form of crates, there still is an issue, particularly (I assume) because of the sheer quantity of items in the game, technically. For example, a person can have literally hundreds of individual Resources and Ammo, and if they allowed people to drop items one-at-a-time, you can see a problem with there being dozens/hundreds of additional crates on the ground, especially if they are 3D objects for character models to move over/around. Imagine getting literally "boxed in" to a building you were defending haha. My possible solution to this would be for them to allow a very simple trading screen between players in Team mode. Something similar to old Runescape for anyone who may have played that in the past, where you start seeing a simple screen with two halves (showing what each person wants to trade), you each confirm, which sends you to an identical looking "Confirmation Screen" showing what will be traded. (And this allows for one person to not give anything, allowing for one-way trades.) I can see them using already-in-game menu UI like there is in the individual equipment menu in the Shelter, when you're arming yourself for another Encounter. Just a thought.

As for your comments about "how things are registered" and "fluid aiming and motion" I agree with you. It's hard to say exactly what/how, but the core "mechanics" of playing sometimes feel off or inaccurate, or just not good, particularly when you die in a way that felt completely out of your control., like when you get a 'red x in box' where your crosshair should be RIGHT when you needed to shoot at someone, where it didn't make sense for your aim to be blocked at all. I also agree, and hope, that this type of thing should try to be addressed seriously, and then continue to be a primary focus perpetually.

I see what you're saying about these new things they add, but maybe the tutorial does this (seeing as they're really only things for new players)? I can't say myself as it's been ages since I've done the tutorial, but then again even I wonder about specifics on some things. Such as, when I hear the 'coin inserted into telephone' sound effect, does that mean someone nearby to me has just activated a phone, or is this just a global/map-wide sound effect that "the phone interaction has been activated"? While I've pretty much worked out how all the other added things, like Buried Cache (what you call "holes in the ground in this cave" work and function, I can see it being frustrating, and a deterrence to further play, for new players having no real guidance on how things operate.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:05 AM, xIronWolfx said:

I (and many agree) trading in some formal way would be nice, but even with the nice idea of dropping things in the form of crates, there still is an issue, particularly (I assume) because of the sheer quantity of items in the game, technically. For example, a person can have literally hundreds of individual Resources and Ammo, and if they allowed people to drop items one-at-a-time, you can see a problem with there being dozens/hundreds of additional crates on the ground, especially if they are 3D objects for character models to move over/around. Imagine getting literally "boxed in" to a building you were defending haha. My possible solution to this would be for them to allow a very simple trading screen between players in Team mode. Something similar to old Runescape for anyone who may have played that in the past, where you start seeing a simple screen with two halves (showing what each person wants to trade), you each confirm, which sends you to an identical looking "Confirmation Screen" showing what will be traded. (And this allows for one person to not give anything, allowing for one-way trades.) I can see them using already-in-game menu UI like there is in the individual equipment menu in the Shelter, when you're arming yourself for another Encounter. Just a thought.

Old school Runescape, oh my I haven't heard that mentioned in ages. That is actually what I thought of first with a trading system. However, fOrsythiaa said that was not something they were planning on adding. So just being able to drop items in crates that didn't have any collisions on (you won't get boxed in this way) would be the fastest and easiest solution to this problem. (I've implemented this solution before in the past which is why I suggest it)! 

As for your comments about "how things are registered" and "fluid aiming and motion" I agree with you. It's hard to say exactly what/how, but the core "mechanics" of playing sometimes feel off or inaccurate, or just not good, particularly when you die in a way that felt completely out of your control., like when you get a 'red x in box' where your crosshair should be RIGHT when you needed to shoot at someone, where it didn't make sense for your aim to be blocked at all. I also agree, and hope, that this type of thing should try to be addressed seriously, and then continue to be a primary focus perpetually.

I see what you're saying about these new things they add, but maybe the tutorial does this (seeing as they're really only things for new players)? I can't say myself as it's been ages since I've done the tutorial, but then again even I wonder about specifics on some things. Such as, when I hear the 'coin inserted into telephone' sound effect, does that mean someone nearby to me has just activated a phone, or is this just a global/map-wide sound effect that "the phone interaction has been activated"? While I've pretty much worked out how all the other added things, like Buried Cache (what you call "holes in the ground in this cave" work and function, I can see it being frustrating, and a deterrence to further play, for new players having no real guidance on how things operate.

Agree as well, just recently discovered the whole buried cache and what the photos are actually for. Took me quite a while but after a week I understand what those are for know, lol.

New Suggestions

Matchmaking with others that have a similar K/D and level to the player.

This supposedly was implemented at the beginning of the rivals season.

I certainly noticed it in the beginning but saw a drop off in it as the weeks went by, however that may have been due to better players just not playing as much and you being thrown in with anyone available.

Is it possible to leave the exit areas before the 10 seconds are up?

You would need a massive playerbase in order to implement a skill based matchmaking system. Since they already removed map selection because of the decreasing player numbers, it won't happen anytime.

As for trading, no need to discuss HOW to implement trading since the devs clearly stated that they are not willing to add a trading system. I think the reason is that it would decrease the income from crown sales if players could trade for things they otherwise have to buy or grind for.

In general i would not ask for any new features before all known bugs are fixed. Since there is obviously no playtesting before updates, new features would only bring more bugs to the game. Besides from that, the few devs working on vigor are very busy creating lots of useless cosmetic stuff for the next season battlepass, so taking player feedback into development has low priority.

Actually, it is indeed as mentioned above - we've implemented skill based matchmaking since the beginning of Rivals. The map selection was removed to lessen queue times, and combat teamers 🙂 

To clarify about the trading system, we are not implementing one as we believe it does not suit the game, and it can ruin the game's economy.

We do have playtesting, our Partners have access to it - sometimes the testing environment shows that things are all fine and dandy, and some bugs and issues pop up in the released updates. Nevertheless, the team does their best to fix these issues, and we're highly thankful for the quick reports from our community. There are different teams which are in charge of programming and cosmetics for the game, so releasing new content does not affect the productivity of fixing the game's issues at all. And we definitely do listen to our players, we post updates on our social media pages which lets our community know what the team is testing, what the team is discussing, etc. For example, the most recent one mentions that we are discussing the possibility of rewards of some sort for collecting the Trolls which came with the most recent update, as well as testing recoil tweaks.

I hope that I've managed to clear things up for you, @TuRb0235 🙂 Thanks for playing, and see you in the Outlands. 🍅

• Like 1