Sign in to follow this  
Harzach

Tactical supply drop

Heya!

I've got a few hours to kill, so I'm hoping to work out supply drop snippet that is a bit more "tactical" than the whole "giant red smoke-breathing crate hanging from a parachute" thing. And I basically have the bones figured out - helicopter drops some bags (using Rotor Covers Bag object) that inherit the heli's velocity vector and which fall/tumble with physics. Still need to add some aero drag to the bags and sort out the offset of the bag's exit point from the heli, but those are mere details. The only real hurdle I have left is to figure out how to drop a backpack in this way. So...

How to turn a backpack into a physics object? I'm open to any suggestions, no matter how hacky they might be. 

before I go to bed my stupid brain says, create a backpack and attachto the bag object...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cockheaven said:

before I go to bed my stupid brain says, create a backpack and attachto the bag object...

There's something weird with backpacks, you can't attach them to something. 

• Like 1

Backpack into groundWeaponHolder, attach the holder to something with physics and hide it.

That'd explain why I didn't do that either..... I looked at something I'd done with similar needs, and instead I just used a small object (can of beans) that gets hidden by the pack itself anyway. 

• Like 2