Sign in to follow this  
Wavemaker

Where are the mods,tutorials,patches and other files needed for someone

I'm installing this again and want to find the old mods and other information but a lot of the stuff has gone missing or moved. What were the main mods to get I remember something about ACE or another base package to make mods work as if it were a mod for mods and is there anywhere left to find them.
Is there a list of patches and a list mods that work for those versions?

Are there any problems and fixes to the game that came later. I remember it having broken bloom and HDR lighting where everything would go black because there was some speck of light in a tank. Did they finish making interiors for all the vehicles or do I need to find 3rd party add ons. Some other issues were cotton wool stars and some bug that caused the framerate to drop if you looked at water on higher settings.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:24 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Late reply, but have you looked through Armaholic?

Its all there https://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files

How would I know what to look for or what would work with each other. In addition to that there is the dev tools and proper tutorials for them.

I did find a thread of yours from way back that listed some of the mods except now there are plenty of dead links and armaholic's gone away under suspicious circumstances.

Armaholic isn't gone under any suspicious circumstances as it was found that Foxhound decided to move on as he met a

lady in Scotland from what i read, apon other things, regardless the site is down.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:02 AM, Wavemaker said:

I did find a thread of yours from way back that listed some of the mods

What thread would that be? The AI mod compilation list for arma2oa? or something else/

As far as your question about mods and tools, that depends on what mod you have acquired if your able to acquire any, and what mod

and what are you looking to do, i really cant give you a clear answer as you dont seem to have a clear question as to what your intentions

are related to mods.

I mean you want dev tools, and what tools may those be, what do you need them for, if anything everything is on the wiki related to Arma 2oa, whatever

is there is what there is officially, outside that, you will need to search.

Only tutorials, guides, ect, i compiled are all for Arma 3.

Most of your heavy, large mods require CBA,  and then may require other mods, so it really depends on the mod you

are going to use.

I have a few more questions for anyone reading this thread.

What happened to all the mods and files that were on withSix and where did they go?

On 2/25/2022 at 2:48 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Armaholic isn't gone under any suspicious circumstances as it was found that Foxhound decided to move on as he met a

lady in Scotland from what i read, apon other things, regardless the site is down.

I had heard that the person running it tried to sell it in secret,got caught,deleted all the mods then transferred the domain to some foreign company.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:48 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

What thread would that be? The AI mod compilation list for arma2oa? or something else/

I think it was that one and for the mods an example would be getting DayZ to work with Arma 2 on it's own with either the gog or steam versions.

7 hours ago, Wavemaker said:

What happened to all the mods and files that were on withSix and where did they go?

They might have gone with the site, most of those mods were on Armaholic anyways, PWS was just another way to install and keep mods updated

but in a more automatic way, basically an early version of what Arma 3 launcher and steam workshop does now but better imo.

I had heard that the person running it tried to sell it in secret,got caught,deleted all the mods then transferred the domain to some foreign company.

There was a few guys running Armaholic, Foxhound being the head guy, then there was another, but i very much doubt that was the case.

When you let go of a domain name its basically up for grabs after that, considering now if you google the name its now being used by a gambling site.

I think it was that one and for the mods an example would be getting DayZ to work with Arma 2 on it's own with either the gog or steam versions.

Nope not mine.

Did you know the people running that site?

On 3/21/2022 at 1:32 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Nope not mine.

I meant this one linked and my comment about dayz was an example of mods that I and others are looking for.