-Varan

setWaypointLoiterAltitude not recognized

While using this command the sqf editor doesnt recognize it (it's colored as global variable), I get an error message (missing ; ) and the loiter altitude doesn't change.

_waypointLoiter setWaypointLoiterAltitude 500;

@-Varan,

The syntax is,

[_grp, 2] setWaypointLoiterAltitude 100;

so unless "_waypointLoiter" is an array including a group and waypoint #, it's not gonna work.

Have fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wogz187 said:

@-Varan,

The syntax is,

[_grp, 2] setWaypointLoiterAltitude 100;

so unless "_waypointLoiter" is an array including a group and waypoint #, it's not gonna work.

Have fun!

_waypointLoiter is exactly that. And it works for all the other setWaypoint... commands. Like I said: The setWaypointLoiterAltitude command is not recognized:

If I'm right, this command only works on Dev branch. And, if you're speaking about Sublime Text 2 as editor, some recent commands are not declared in this editor. That doesn't mean they don't work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pierremgi said:

If I'm right, this command only works on Dev branch. And, if you're speaking about Sublime Text 2 as editor, some recent commands are not declared in this editor. That doesn't mean they don't work.

So that means I can't use this command at all or I have to do something regarding "Dev branch" to use it?

If I can't use it is there any other way to set the loiter altitude?

No I am using notepad++

4 hours ago, -Varan said:

So that means

It means it is a new command that is currently only available in the development branch. You are certainly welcome to install the dev branch to help test it. Once it has been fully tested, it will likely be released into the stable branch where all can use it. Patience!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Harzach said:

It means it is a new command that is currently only available in the development branch. You are certainly welcome to install the dev branch to help test it. Once it has been fully tested, it will likely be released into the stable branch where all can use it. Patience!

So basically changing Arma 3 into the Beta programm "Developement build" ?

I am wondering why the other waypointLoiter commands made it into the stable build but altitude.

Anywho thanks for the explaination 

As I said, it is a new command. 

I think it’s in the stable branch since the 1.98 release a couple of weeks ago. So you should be able to use it even if Notepad++ is complaining. The sqf language definition file of your Notepad++ seems to need an update.

Biki says introduced in dev 1.99.

No mention in SPOTREPs yet.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:24 PM, engima said:

I think it’s in the stable branch since the 1.98 release a couple of weeks ago. So you should be able to use it even if Notepad++ is complaining. The sqf language definition file of your Notepad++ seems to need an update.

It doesn't have anything to do with notepad++. You can code with the windows text editor without any syntax highlighting and run scripts without getting any errors. If the game doesn't know the command it's the game which throws an error.

2 hours ago, -Varan said:

It doesn't have anything to do with notepad++. You can code with the windows text editor without any syntax highlighting and run scripts without getting any errors. If the game doesn't know the command it's the game which throws an error.

Dude, it's literally the first thing you said. Relax.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:26 AM, -Varan said:

While using this command the sqf editor doesnt recognize it (it's colored as global variable)

7 hours ago, Harzach said:

Dude, it's literally the first thing you said. Relax.

Don't worry I am relaxed - just saying the problem isn't my editor and even if my editor knew it as a command I still will get the same error message from ArmA