Oldninja

The end is Nigh

Congratulations BI.

The final nail has been hammered into the coffin of the once original and unique grown up game concept called Vigor.

My eldest grandson, aged 9! Has just informed me from lockdown, that he and his Fortnite squad have installed and are currently loving Vigor.

If he and is friends love it then it conveys one message. You've achieved your goal of turning Vigor child friendly.

I will probably buy him crowns as I bought him Vbuck's, but as I found on Fortnite. He's too bloody quick for me to compete with.

I might try a duo with him so he can look after me, but this season looks like my last.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your loss !
Hope that something better comes up in the next month 😞

Hey there @Oldninja, thanks for sharing 🙂 it's fascinating that our game has piqued the interest of younger players, too. Hoping your grandson and his buddies enjoy the Outlands! 🍅

Hi fOsythiaa,

It might be good for BI's income, but creating a Fortnite/Apex clone isn't really that clever.

Anyway I've disinherited him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I understand, though we're not really trying to create a BR or anything 🙂 We're doing our best to stay true to the shoot 'n' loot game where you build the Shelter 🍅

Perhaps you could show him that there's more to Vigor than killing other Outlanders 😉 can totally be played without shooting anyone, just loot and sneak around 

22 hours ago, fOrsythiaa said:

I understand, though we're not really trying to create a BR or anything 🙂 We're doing our best to stay true to the shoot 'n' loot game where you build the Shelter 🍅

Perhaps you could show him that there's more to Vigor than killing other Outlanders 😉 can totally be played without shooting anyone, just loot and sneak around 

what does Bi offer players, that already build up their shelter Level 150 or more? 

Level up for 0,02 Food plus or something else? 

that is Nothing to catch up players

playing for loot?

come on, my workbench is at 2nd highest Level an i Need nearly 3000 pieces of … i dont know it now… doesnt matter

how Long shoud Players loot for this?

generall the amount of loot in the Maps is a joke, way too low.

and finally the daily challanges… since several days just killing x outlanders… and BI says that vigor is more than killing 

BI, think about it...

It's funny because I'm playing a free MMORPG that you can pick up in the Xbox store and people complain about the grind on that.

It's nothing compared to Vigor.

You need roughly 16000 chemicals for the last 2 upgrades with your chemical distillation bench. 

It took over 2 weeks of solid gaming to amount that much and once you've done all that looting, what's to play for?

I've noticed in the handful of games I've played over the last week, since they've flooded the maps with weapons in the cache and safe people don't even bother with the airdrop.

• Like 1

Well yeah for 35 exp or there abouts depending on boost level and crap crate prizes would you? Not worth tangling with the Cod battle royals sweats for the sake of exp getting out with the crate 🙄

Fair point. I'm not going to be saving up all the crates like I did after I finished last season,spent over an hour opening 300 common crates to progress 2 levels on the BP 😂

• Sad 1

Lol what? You have a GRANDson?? Besides, just because kids play something doesn't mean it isn't valuable or good. For example, I started playing halo when I was 8. So I mean, whatevs man.

Absolutely agree Iron. But it does mean something to players who enjoyed earlier incarnations of the game. I'm not going to repeat myself about my preferences for the game, as that ship has sailed.

Grandsons and granddaughters Iron, 3 of which play Fortnite. Just coughed up for some gold man skin for the eldest granddaughter 7! 

When I was 8 all we had was a local wood to play in and aim homemade catapults at each other. Fortunately we were crap shots, so no one got scared for life. For reference we won the World cup shortly after that.

• Like 1

Old Ninja I understand what you mean. I'm older too and Vigor has changed a lot. I have played almost as long as its been out and I still haven't got my shelter maxed out yet and I never finish the battle pass so what is the use of me getting it when I'm lucky to get half way like 25 levels. I see a lot of the players have got there shelter maxed out have play all the levels of battle pass in a week and got truck loads of guns & resources that at the end of the season destroy cause they don't need anymore for their shelter. I'm not the run & gun and shoot everyone I liked it cause it was just chill back then. I like doing challenges but mine just keep resetting the time so one day its like 4 hours till a new challenge then the next day it says it's 19 hrs till my new challenge then the next day its back at 24 hrs. So I never get a new challenge. Then the challenges that you can't delete its been on there for like 2 seasons now. Well enough of my pity party. I'm just going to have to stop playing & uninstall instead of just talking about it. I used to play Pubg and buy the battle pass but I finally quit that and I have only played like 25 games this season. So I know I can quit Vigor too.