gwenchlan

What next in Vigor ?

According to the survey given by the Vigor team, focusing on your income and you're studies.
What are you waiting from this game ? What next ?

I really would like to see to this game more focusing on the survival. But I don't know how could they make their way.
Vigor as now become a common battle royal game, adding a bonus with the airdrop.
Only solution I can see, is to make an open world, and to limit the airdrop missions
And you ?

• Like 1

They can add unicorn, but seriously bring back Vigor.  Removed all killed contest, bing back the map choice.

About the teaming fact : it can't be removed at all.  I saw in the last two days the same issue, the fact that they add the 3 kill contest daily didn't change anything.

Good Sunday all !

• Like 1

3 kill contest daily didn't change anything.

I agree with you. And to be honest, I'm even pretty sure that those kill daily challenges are a motivation for the teamers...

If they're not going to bring back map select, they need to make more maps to break up the monotony of the current maps.

Other than that, I don't see where else it can go? All the guns are basically the same now with this new recoil so why add more guns?

Although it doesn't matter for me as I've finished my shelter, the ability to make nails/chemicals/fertilizer,glass etc

Like I said in another post, I believe it's now passed its peak...

I sadly think you're right with the shark. What I see for changes, would make it a new game, and couldn't be changed in a few weeks / month.
We had good times on vigor ..

Just added a rant to another thread in support of all the valid comments above.

Basic fact is that we are a dying breed. We loved the original survival aspects of looting and only engaging when necessary to build up the shelter, the option to hide, the option to loot after the drop had gone etc etc. That ship has unfortunately sailed.

• Like 1

One last comment.

When I started playing this game in 2018, I used to describe it fondly to friends as Fortnite for grown ups. Indicating that it was more strategic than shooter.

If the game continues on it's current trajectory, my grand children will be downloading it! Eldest asked yesterday if I still played it. I put him off, but I don't know for how long.. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah games dead for me at leat for now I don’t even care about unlocking the plans for the other guns I’m missing svu, mp5 etc where before I was gonna play to about level 38, now 28 is as good a stopping place as anything. I just can’t be bothered, I’ll keep logging in at least and keep an eye open in what this bunker type thing is gonna turn into but I suspect it may be another positive that will become a negative or a way to make money. Notice we’ve not had a visitor from the PR dev in a while on these forums probably not sure what to say to all these comments I imagine 😅 I don’t envy him/her. 

• Like 1

The lack of answers on our questions or suggestions, is a pretty good indicator of the health of this game.
Forsythia answers someties, and that's all

7 minutes ago, gwenchlan said:

The lack of answers on our questions or suggestions, is a pretty good indicator of the health of this game.
Forsythia answers someties, and that's all

Perhaps have some patience, you opened this thread on Sunday. I am sure the Dev team will respond when they can, remember there is Covid-19 going on at the moment so a response maybe delayed.

Bear in mind most developers have the ability to send colleagues home with dev kits and work from home shouldn’t be any issues getting the odd response back from someone in the PR dept. If their not sending workers home to keep them safe somethings also quite wrong there, not asking for miracle dlc during this crisis just an update or a response really I think is the general consensus of the community I would say. 🤔😌

• Like 1

Hi ROadki11,

It's good that a mod has taken the time to reply.

All I would ask is that although most of the world is in lockdown, you try to emphasise with the frustration of what was/is a loyal player base, who see this once great concept being enveloped by the rush to be the same as countless other shooters already out there. There was once an opportunity for BI to create and develop something distinct, but it seems they lacked faith in their own idea, and have let it become a clone.

Respect to you for making the effort.

Personally, I would like to see a "Capture The Flag" style gameplay where you are placed in random teams of 5 (or whatever).  Winning team gets whatever crate is decided for that round.  Players must stay in game for the duration or are not rewarded at end of game.  

Pup, I'm all for introducing new ideas and would broadly welcome 'official' squad themed map/s. 

But what I want is a map based on 0.8.36948 which would allow us dinosaurs to play as the game as it was originally intended.

After all, how in the post apocalyptic world would there be signal locators, comms stations and anything electronic after the sequence of EM pulses brought on by the preceding nuclear Holocaust! Can't be easy to craft transistors, capacitors etc unless your workbench is level 50 or greater!

15 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Perhaps have some patience, you opened this thread on Sunday. I am sure the Dev team will respond when they can, remember there is Covid-19 going on at the moment so a response maybe delayed.

Dear ROadki11, I understand you're fought about the Covid-19.
But, I wasn't only thinking about this topic.  Since a while, this forum members are thinking that they are not heared, or that their concerns are not answered properly.
Just see through the last months topic, it always turns on the same questions....

I agree with your suggestion old ninja.
Maybe oldstyle maps, with a limitation on the stuff... And more loot, to be attractive to play.

I think there needs to be a hardcore mode. Only healing consumables, no compass. Single magazine for weapons.

Single use signals detector, no comms, airdrop is random and no message saying safe has been cracked.

Full immersive experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I vote for your suggestion eKLaB.

Let's introduce a consumable that propels you back in time to when there was a unique game called Vigor. It didn't make much money, but it was different and fun.