Slay No More

(EDS) Slay's Expedited Drone System

Formally named: Slay's Ghost Recon Wildlands Drone System, now named (EDS) Slay's Expedited Drone System

Hello Bohemia forum, this is going to be the first mod I've publicly released, I'm currently planning to release it as a standalone mod as it was originally made for a Ravage mission I worked on for 2 years, but I felt as if it was a complete waste to let it sit in an obscure mission.

Posted on Workshop:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2263559431

Features:

Instantly throw infinite amount of drones that are already connected to the players UAV terminal allowing a Ghost Recon Wildlands esque drone system.
4 different drones to choose
A Recon drone which can drop smoke grenades
A Medical drone which can revive teammates using the vanilla revive system
A combat drone using the Laws of War DLC's de-mining drone
A secondary combat drone using the vanilla drone but with weapons attatched to it (not visible, but usable)

Planned Features:
Standalone mod first and foremost, the script version will be posted as soon as I seperate unneeded files and remove left over scripts from the original mission they were used in.
The ability to visibly see what drone you threw
A way to destroy the drone with a scroll menu or make destroying the
only means of leaving the drone, akin to the original game.
More planned features maybe to come depending on feedback.

Media:

Edited by Slay No More
Released Mod on Workshop.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

As I stated elsewhere, this is a much welcomed and needed features/mod.

If I may give it my input, to keep it the most "Ghost Recon Wildlands-esque" possible, together with the drone types you suggested it should be present a recon only UAV, with no third-person view allowed and "set captive" status for the duration of the flight time, which as you mentioned it should be well under the 2 min. mark.

It would be nice also, to give the mission maker the ability to customize what type of drone and to who should be available in mission. 

Good job anyway, mate!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

As I stated elsewhere, this is a much welcomed and needed features/mod.

If I may give it my input, to keep it the most "Ghost Recon Wildlands-esque" possible, together with the drone types you suggested it should be present a recon only UAV, with no third-person view allowed and "set captive" status for the duration of the flight time, which as you mentioned it should be well under the 2 min. mark.

It would be nice also, to give the mission maker the ability to customize what type of drone and to who should be available in mission. 

Good job anyway, mate!

I absolutely welcome input! I just cannot promise I possess the skills to do some things. But, in terms of what you suggested I kept the drones third person avalible just so its toggleable by the server owner, I believe when the server locks first person it locks the drones if I'm not mistaken, I'll also take a look at adding setcaptive to the script, once I read the wiki and its intended function and how it could be used in the script, I suppose you're suggesting "executing" the setcaptive off the drone flier till the drone is dead, right?

Edit- I read the wiki page for setcaptive, I know right away what you want me to do with it, I'll add it to the scripts for sure.
Edit2-I tested if enabling force first person or disable third person work on the drone and it does, I'm going to leave this as is so its at discretion of the server administrator UNTIL I can learn how to make a module, if a server module can be created, maybe better customization can be added such as disable third person separate from the servers settings. 

• Like 2

AWESOME!!

9 hours ago, Slay No More said:

I suppose you're suggesting "executing" the setcaptive off the drone flier till the drone is dead, right?

Well...let me clarify what I was thinking...

Since the Ghost recon drone is a "nano-drone" it should be hard to spot it unless it got VERY close to the enemy. In Arma, the smallest UAV is the Darter, which is EASILY spotted below a certain altitude.

So by giving a captive status, it could"simulate" the stealthiness of the nano-drone, and by having first-person only it will force the user to a more thought out fly path and a more "realistic" use.

But I guess giving the freedom to server admin or the mission maker is the best choice.

• Like 1

Hey when will your release this mod? I definitely will download this mod...is there any other modder working on something like this or are you the only one?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EthanHeite said:

is there any other modder working on something like this or are you the only one?

Hes the only one for this type, i haven't seen any other mods like this, closest thing to this would be a mod

a friend and myself developed which takes the idea from Ghost Recon Wildlands tagging system called ETS

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/228639-ets-enemy-tagging-system/

and in that too you can tag enemies via binos, weapon sights and drone, the mod here would really compliment

it if Slay would maybe release a beta of his mod.

• Like 1

Thus giving a captive status, it might"simulate" that the stealthiness of this nano-drone, and insurance firms firstperson just it will induce an individual to an even more idea out traveling path and also a far more"realistic" use.

However, I imagine giving the freedom to host admin or perhaps the assignment maker could be your very best option.

• Like 1

I'd like to apologize to everyone waiting on this, I developed Carpal Tunnel and I'm awaiting surgery to try to return to a normal life style, one which I made stuff for arma frequently. Before the Carpal Tunnel came on strong I re-wrote the scripts for the drones, fleshed it out a bit more, but I haven't gotten around to making it stand alone, my wrists are aching just typing this sadly, my accuracy with typing is bad due to the pain which causes incorrect button presses adding to the headache, I hope to get this mod out before the years end since its finalized basically, just needs a few finishing touches. Hopefully I get the surgery and hand function returns to normal. Sorry again, I know people are waiting on this, I was looking forward to everyone trying it and leaving feedback. I may just post what I have as a script version as it sits, but I kinda wanted to do standalone as the first release, followed by scripts later.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Slay No More said:

I developed Carpal Tunnel

Need to build your extensors which are the outside of the forearms, they are the tendons and muscles that counter and balance the inner wrist and forearm.

For everything that is weak, the opposite will be in a weaker state so both sides have to be equally strong.

There are many alternatives to surgery imo surgery would be the last thing i would consider, upon understanding what the issue is your first path

is to seek out a holistic doctor and find and alternative natural solution which to me would be to reduce and or eliminate that inflammation of the tendons,

that would include eliminating inflaming foods that add to the issue, CBD can help with inflammation.

Whatever you decide, and whatever happens, i wish you best of health, and look forward to your return on your project here, theres alot of people

interested in this cool idea of yours. Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Whatever you decide, and whatever happens, i wish you best of health, and look forward to your return on your project here, theres alot of people

interested in this cool idea of yours. Cheers!

:yeahthat:

• Like 1

Hello everybody, I didn't want to post back unless it was news regarding the mod, which this happens to be. I decided to focus my attention on it the last few days, get it ready for standalone as well as actually learn the method required to make standalone mods, all that was managed, it sadly required an additional rewrite due to the mechanics of the other mission lingering and causing issues, not to over sell the mod or anything, but it is ready for playing. Had a few tests already, but no one tested the workshop version. I'm open to suggestions, the mods not encrypted or anything. May post a direct download on here, or armaholic eventually.

Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2263559431

Explanation on why I changed the mods name:

Spoiler

A few buddies suggested the change, I agreed it rolled off the tongue better but the mod is totally inspired by Ghost Recon Wildlands, but distancing myself from it allowed me to get away with having more creative freedom than sticking to just the darter, which was my original plan as it is very Wildlands like already just in its current vanilla state but unfortunately, anything else outside of the darter's styling isn't too close to Wildlands and to avoid stepping on toes of a company like Ubi for using their name, I opted for the new name of the mod, otherwise its a direct rip from my mission which had multiple types of drones including UAV, UCAV, UGV, which I thought seemed like more fun, but may disappoint people that originally wanted something modeled closer to the Wildlands feel and perhaps nothing further.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!..I tested it and so far it seems to work pretty well. Got this error tho:

sleep (_dronesleeptime / 2);
if (DEBUGINFORSLAYSINFO) then {systemChat ">
14:15:13 Error position: <DEBUGINFORSLAYSINFO) then {systemChat ">
14:15:13 Error Undefined variable in expression: debuginforslaysinfo
14:15:13 File Slay_Mod\slays drones\UAV\recon_drone.sqf..., line 193
14:15:26 Error in expression <;};

• Like 1

Dude!

Welcome back!

Happy to see you around again, and nice release, just checked it out, this is fantastic!

Alot of great features here, man you really put your mind and creativity in this love it, its very useful, wasn't expecting what you had done here at all,

had in mind just the ability to launch a drone for just recon, but you had exceeded my expectations with this!

Gave you an award on the workshop and rated up too!

Maybe you know already but you have script errors popping up on screen, was only running the mod itself, mod works find just debug and script errors popping up.

You want screenshots or do you know about them?

Also what would be cool with this is Hortzy and mine ETS Tagging System https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2057294714

Aside your awesome mod here, how are your wrists and tendons from the Carpal tunnel, did you have surgery done or whats the situation now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

You want screenshots or do you know about them?

LOL...I literally just post them above...hahaha

4 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Also what would be cool with this is Hortzy and mine ETS Tagging System https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2057294714

Yap..that would be awesome.

4 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Aside your awesome mod here, how are your wrists and tendons from the Carpal tunnel, did you have surgery done or what the situation now?

Was wondering the same thing...

ps: If I may suggest, it would be cool if the mission maker could somehow limit the type of drone/s available to the player.

12 hours ago, Slay No More said:

Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2263559431Hello everybody, I didn't want to post back unless it was news regarding the mod, which this happens to be.

Reveal hidden contents

A few buddies suggested the change, I agreed it rolled off the tongue better but the mod is totally inspired by Ghost Recon Wildlands, but distancing myself from it allowed me to get away with having more creative freedom than sticking to just the darter, which was my original plan as it is very Wildlands like already just in its current vanilla state but unfortunately, anything else outside of the darter's styling isn't too close to Wildlands and to avoid stepping on toes of a company like Ubi for using their name, I opted for the new name of the mod, otherwise its a direct rip from my mission which had multiple types of drones including UAV, UCAV, UGV, which I thought seemed like more fun, but may disappoint people that originally wanted something modeled closer to the Wildlands feel and perhaps nothing further.

Did you get a complete arm-transplant or poured all your life savings into the installation of a bionic arm in order to continue working on this magnificent mod for the glory of Arma? 😀

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Aside your awesome mod here, how are your wrists and tendons from the Carpal tunnel, did you have surgery done or whats the situation now?

Still hurting, but I've been wearing arm braces to bed for the last 3 weeks, cranking up NSAIDs, no surgery yet, finally this Friday I get into the doctors for nerve testing, the symptoms I was having are definitely not like they were, but still there for sure. Still makes life difficult, I would have had this stuff done sooner if I A, knew how to do standalones and B didn't have to take breaks for my wrists.

4 hours ago, joostsidy said:

Did you get a complete arm-transplant or poured all your life savings into the installation of a bionic arm in order to continue working on this magnificent mod for the glory of Arma? 😀

Pic of my new arms:

Spoiler

blue-robot-arms-folding_1600.jpg

8 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

ps: If I may suggest, it would be cool if the mission maker could somehow limit the type of drone/s available to the player.

In my mission which these scripts are taken from, the player has to spend about 3+ in game hours or so grinding out XP to purchase the perk requirements for various drones, there was 5 levels, and a the first stage, access to the recon drone is avalible only, then medical drones at level 1, level 2 the medical ugv and rollers unlock, so on and so on. I couldn't think of a way to do this in a mod format sadly, so I stripped all of that RPG elements out and left it raw so to speak. 

8 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Awesome!..I tested it and so far it seems to work pretty well. Got this error tho:

sleep (_dronesleeptime / 2);
if (DEBUGINFORSLAYSINFO) then {systemChat ">
14:15:13 Error position: <DEBUGINFORSLAYSINFO) then {systemChat ">
14:15:13 Error Undefined variable in expression: debuginforslaysinfo
14:15:13 File Slay_Mod\slays drones\UAV\recon_drone.sqf..., line 193
14:15:26 Error in expression <;};

I think I may have fixed it by adding DEBUGINFORSLAYSINFO = false; to the init of the mod, hopefully solving it, but it almost appears its missing a bracket.

• Like 2

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to let everyone know I released another mod since this one was so positively recieved, I hope you guys would take a gander at my other new standalone mod, it marks my second standalone mod.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Slay No More said:

In my mission which these scripts are taken from, the player has to spend about 3+ in game hours or so grinding out XP to purchase the perk requirements for various drones, there was 5 levels, and a the first stage, access to the recon drone is avalible only, then medical drones at level 1, level 2 the medical ugv and rollers unlock, so on and so on. I couldn't think of a way to do this in a mod format sadly, so I stripped all of that RPG elements out and left it raw so to speak. 

if it is easier maybe you could release a "non-mod, script" version so it would be possible to insert it in missions with a variable true/false to allow only chosen type of drones.

Something like:

if (player getVariable ["allowreconUAV,0] isEqualTo 1) then {
  execvm "\Slay_Mod\slays drones\ReconDroneMenu.sqf";
 };
if (player getVariable ["allowreconUAV,0] isEqualTo 0) then {
  exitwith {};
 };

NOTE: I'm NOT a scripter..it's just a raw example...

Furthermore, it will allow players to not have dependencies.😊

20 hours ago, Slay No More said:

cranking up NSAIDs

Dude be careful with those, just like antibiotics to a degree you kill the good bacteria in your gut, or worse the stuff eats away at your stomach lining.

Why i recommended CBD oil it will reduce if not eliminate the inflammation, i would take that rub it on your wrists, and outside forearm and monitor it.

I would not go the surgery route, inflammation and muscle weakness is the issue, you need to strengthen those muscles opposite of the ones inflamed

namely the extensors as i mentioned before, those are the outside of the forearm.

Anyways hope it all works out whatever you decide.

But very happy about your new mod you did a nice job here, well done!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

if it is easier maybe you could release a "non-mod, script" version so it would be possible to insert it in missions with a variable true/false to allow only chosen type of drones.

Something like:

if (player getVariable ["allowreconUAV,0] isEqualTo 1) then {
  execvm "\Slay_Mod\slays drones\ReconDroneMenu.sqf";
 };
if (player getVariable ["allowreconUAV,0] isEqualTo 0) then {
  exitwith {};
 };

NOTE: I'm NOT a scripter..it's just a raw example...

Furthermore, it will allow players to not have dependencies.😊

I'm gonna release em as scripts eventually, they're finished and 1:1 with workshop, minus the RPG elements that my mission has, the mission has it so you have to earn unlocks to get em like I had mentioned, but I had no idea how to do it in a standalone mod without requiring players to re-earn them on relog / reconnect. Not sure when I'll post the scripts but it won't be too long. Kinda want to earn some workshop clout first 😋, but it will definitely get released. 

• Thanks 2

Is there a way to turn off the message on the screen when you deploy a drone? ie "DavidOMarx has just deployed an Assault drone". 

On 8/7/2021 at 10:55 AM, DavidOMarx said:

Is there a way to turn off the message on the screen when you deploy a drone? ie "DavidOMarx has just deployed an Assault drone". 

Negative, I wanted it to let servers know what was going on so it didn't get categorized as a cheat.

That said, I'm sorry to everyone else I've been sleeping on updating this script and my other releases, there isn't enough time in the day for all the mini-projects and server I got going on.