phatpuke

AI weird interaction if player is close

Encountered this weird issue and no idea if there is any possible way around this without doing CaptureUnit.

Disabled numerous AI functions, made the player invisable, setcaptive pretty much everything I can think of but the AI will still do this if a player is close. If i place another AI at the players position and then view it through the camera, The AI is acting exactly how it should.

Any idea's?

This is one additional weird Ai behavior among the many.

For example I discovered that if you add a damagedEH to the Ai units (_unit addEventHandler ["Dammaged") and then check the "_selection" any damage that the ai receives fires a "head", "face" or "neck" _selection even if you shoot at the Ai's legs, arms, body etc.

Too bad that most of these issues will probably remain unfixed...

• Like 2

As a quick test, check the AI's targetKnowledge and knowsAbout of the player on init. Then replace player with an AI and do same check... if player is immediately known but AI isn't, try making the AI forget the target basically on init and see if that helps. Could also increase the player's camouflageCoef via setUnitTrait maybe?

• Like 1

A AI unit and player are both know by the patrol AI, if you set the camouflageCoef to 0 (or even 0.0001) AI still does this.

Hmm... the reason why I ask is because, worst case scenario, it's the pathing and it can't be fixed. A better case scenario is the behavior of the AI is just bad. You said you've tested disabling some AI features, but just for science, disable all features except for:

1. "move"

2. "path"

3. "anim"

4. "teamSwitch" (Some reason needs to be enabled)

If the AI still messes up, even after making the player setCaptive, its the pathing. If not, its the AI behavior and you probably just have to disable "autoCombat" and "FSM" ai features, maybe a couple others. At least to start.

• Like 1

Gone through every single possible option. My guess is the engine interracts with players completely different to how it interfacts with other AI. 'Arma Life'

Have you tried _Bob allowFleeing false? Also setAiSkill ["courage",1] on top of that. Doubt it'll fix it but I'm running out of ideas lol.

Can also place physical objects like Can Openers to prevent AI from pathing by it. (Totally not @genesis92x's idea)

• Like 1

sadly none of these work. Even if i set it as 

this forceWalk true; level1_unit1 disableAi "checkVisible"; level1_unit1  allowFleeing 0; level1_unit1 setSkill ["courage",1];

You've probably tried this, but I didn't see it mentioned above.  this setBehaviour "CARELESS";    Tried that?

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

You've probably tried this, but I didn't see it mentioned above.  this setBehaviour "CARELESS";    Tried that?

If careless is on it goes to whole new level of weird and just walk through the floor/wall haha

• Haha 3

Yeah! I love that way of K arma! Never mind the b.ox!

• Like 1