ghandolhagen

Inconsistent Trigger behaviour?

Greetings Community! Anyone experience inconsistent trigger behaviour? I have a repeatable trigger that randomly spawns enemies if no enemies are present so that I can have waves of attacks. Sometimes it works exactly as expected, if the enemies leave the trigger area or are all dead a new group spawns in some random location and proceeds to attack and I can fight enemies for as long as my ammo lasts. Other times however it will only spawn the first group. Not sure if it has something to do with how many times the trigger gets checked or where in the loop it gets checked and whether or not that is conflicting with the on activation. Any ideas?

Without crystal ball...   :shrug:  let say you should copy paste your trigger condition and act./ deact. codes.

• Like 2

I found 'not present' triggers went rogue sometimes. I rarely use them now.

• Like 3

@ghandolhagen,

1) System Chat the variables within the trigger activation (so it reports what it sees).
2) Instead of a repeating trigger, try deleting the trigger itself (deleteVehicle trigger_name) and respawning it fresh each time it's activated.

Have fun!

• Like 3

@pierremgi Yeah it's not really an issue with the activation that just calls the script that spawns the group. The conditional as I previously stated is OPFOR NOT PRESENT and the trigger is repeatable. The issue seems to be a conflict with how often in the core game loop the repeatable trigger condition is checked. And it seems buggy because sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes not at all...

Trigger conditions are checked every ~0.5 seconds.

4 hours ago, ghandolhagen said:

Yeah it's not really an issue with

@pierremgi's point is that sharing information returns better results from those who would deign to assist you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ghandolhagen said:

Thanks @Tankbuster and @wogz187 great suggestions! I'll give it a try.

I've not had access to my pc for a few days. I'll have a look and see if I can get more information.

I do remember making a post here about it some time ago, but can't find it right now.