AceWonder

Adding a new map with wildlife

I know this idea has been brought in the past and has been shot down but I want to revisit this because I thought of a creative way it could be introduce. This new map could be a way to experiment with wildlife being thrown into the mix as a new threat, while also offering a new challenge to reward players. So we know all current maps have 3 main POIs(Barred, Comms, Radio Tower), adding a new POI for the wildlife map could be a Wolves Den or Bear Cave where the wildlife would be located on the map. I know there have been talks of adding a new types of loot/creates. So what if these new items where placed in these locations where players would have to defeat the wildlife there to obtain it. Tell me what you think about it.  

Not again, 

Don't you think it's bad enough that there are people killing each other?  Don't get me wrong this is the one thing that happens when humans kill each other whether in real life or in a simulation, but I don't think it has to get any worse by putting animals in here that only want to defend their habitat when humans invade it, I strongly suspect that nobody wants to shoot animals senselessly if you feel like it I suggest you use some hunting simulators like Deep Hunting 

• Like 1

There may also be some ethical boundaries around the killing of animals say some guy goes to this  “new wildlife location” packing an adr and pumps a bunch of animals full of lead it could reflect badly on BI. Things like that we have to consider with realistic style games such as this, I for one don’t want to see this feature implemented though I appreciate the idea and thought process behind it trying to drum up some new fun content, just isn’t viable I don’t think. 😌 I’m waiting to see what happens with this bunker looking thing in the shelter and see what becomes of that 

I'm guessing it will be a trading post of some sort. Maybe trading materials/weapons/consumables for resources. Maybe the sign that has been close to it since the early days is a clue - Survivor Inc.

Or is it a UFO hangar, or a hidden grass plantation, a meth labor a bike basement to be soon with the bike mobile therefore the mobile shooting exercises?  Maybe Mrs. Merkel from Germany is hidden there, or you have to store salami air-dry, otherwise I can't explain this air shaft, something needs fresh air, there are now totally well preserved modern phone booths that look like they come from the future, not broken and totally chic in design in contrast to the environment which partly looks like the end of the DDR in 1989 lul,  who knows maybe he hasn't purchased adult services over the phone, OR but it could be some kind of one on one mode, trading and bartering I think is a good approach definitely would make more sense but maybe something like a barter and trading exchange or market?  So according to the motto Outlander X offers 3 ADR submachine guns for 50 thousand materials or let's say special weapons with special status 3x ADR for 15 crowns normal weapons to light weapons either for materials or food

7 hours ago, Xaphan Misanthrop said:

Not again, 

Don't you think it's bad enough that there are people killing each other?  Don't get me wrong this is the one thing that happens when humans kill each other whether in real life or in a simulation, but I don't think it has to get any worse by putting animals in here that only want to defend their habitat when humans invade it, I strongly suspect that nobody wants to shoot animals senselessly if you feel like it I suggest you use some hunting simulators like Deep Hunting 

Its a game youre thinking way too deep bro

Or is it a UFO hangar

Or a Hangar for a M2 Bradley IFV , with its     25 mm M242 Chain Gun (900 rounds), 2 × TOW Anti-Tank Missile (7 missiles), Secondary armament7.62 mm coaxial M240C machine gun (2,200 rounds), all of it pushing this game in an .... Open world 👺

• Like 1

Yeah that sounds like the vigor for me 😂 armoured survival of the fittest! Hell while we’re at it we should have kill streaks! Become a threat and get to call in a Blackhawk complete with 50cal door gunners to help secure the airdrop for an easy extraction! 😈

Talking about it, I think there is something that could be made with the airdrop.
Like a new mod for "shooter" players, playing the door gunners with an M134 minigun ? 🤪
Don't worry, no animal would be hurt during this massive shooting 😂

• Haha 1

Could also balance the minigun for those worried about it being Op with heavy recoil but a one shot to the head mechanic also deforests the local area to remove cover but the helicopter is very loud so you know where it is! 

• Thanks 1

Like in Far cry for instance. Fire at will, to put fire in the grass. Maybe giving the possibility to suppress water, by firing a 100 bullets 🙄

On 5/4/2020 at 7:18 PM, AceWonder said:

I know this idea has been brought in the past and has been shot down but I want to revisit this because I thought of a creative way it could be introduce. This new map could be a way to experiment with wildlife being thrown into the mix as a new threat, while also offering a new challenge to reward players. So we know all current maps have 3 main POIs(Barred, Comms, Radio Tower), adding a new POI for the wildlife map could be a Wolves Den or Bear Cave where the wildlife would be located on the map. I know there have been talks of adding a new types of loot/creates. So what if these new items where placed in these locations where players would have to defeat the wildlife there to obtain it. Tell me what you think about it.  

I think your animalistic idea has been answered 😄

37 minutes ago, Xaphan Misanthrop said:

I think your animalistic idea has been answered 😄

I think youre forgetting this is a survival game 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, AceWonder said:

I think youre forgetting this is a survival game 🤣🤣

Talking 'bout the M2 Bradley idea ? 🤓
Or maybe could they fix the bugs at first, before 2030 would be appreciated

• Haha 1

If you don’t like the Bradley idea what about a nice m60 Paton to bulldoze some trees? Outlanders be playing survival then haha

Fishing in a nice quiet place, it can be a carp or even a trout, while behind your head maybe a few bullets fly by, surviving is the motto 🎣 =🦈=🔫=️=🐖💨

• Like 1

Guess adding napalm strikes for S4 would be lovely then

There's a term used for when tv shows have passed it/reached their peak.

It's called "Jumping the shark".

I believe Vigor has now passed that point...

2 hours ago, eKLaB said:

There's a term used for when tv shows have passed it/reached their peak.

It's called "Jumping the shark".

I believe Vigor has now passed that point...

Couldn’t be more correct 😂 have to be careful how I word this but I believe the devs responded to the Cod gameplay jibe someone made and played on it. Now about that flame tank?!

2 hours ago, gwenchlan said:

I agree with the M60. May I mention the possibility to use an M67 flame tank code name "Zippo" ?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Marineflametank1968.jpg

You think we can use this to camp barred house to prevent safe cracking? Or any other building for that matter minus the bunkers on batterie draug of course. 

Sharks ? Great Idea !
We could introduce them in fiske fabrik, and on the lacs in Fjellkanten ! Giving the chance to vegan people, to let them eaten by sharks, where carnivorous people could knife those sharks with a Vz baionette.

we can use this to camp barred house to prevent safe cracking

Of course !
A main barrel for the driver, and an MG+ flame thrower for the gunner. This would stick to the call of duty interest of this game !

I don't know what will come in the surveyw filled by people. Do they want Vigor to turn to a GTA, or Call of ?

Or an open world, that would be the better idea

You’d have to pay to unlock each area if we’re going open world here! Battlepass wouldn’t cover it be a separate thing maybe battlepass premium deluxe? Could open up avenues for tank skins too! The sharks you mentioned is a good idea! Get some cosmetics for them! The water on those lakes would like be irradiated though 🤔 people might only have so much iodine could have packs in the store selling plan to iodine crafting. 

Tank skins! Making me think of the good ol days of Battlefield 3,

Cruising around with my digital blue camouflage on my M1A1 leveling buildings 😂

Good old days... I remember my transport helicopter, and my squad ...