Oldninja

Season Pass comments and musings

I don't know how other outlanders feel, but I'm pretty fed up with trying to complete season 3.

I can now manage @5 encounters a day before I think to myself that this is no longer much fun. For the very first time in the history of me playing Vigor, I'm only playing Duo's. Why, because due to the level I've reached I earn 600 xp for getting off the map before my teammate dies. It started at 250.

In 8 out of 10 encounters my teammate marks the barred house or signal locator and sets off as soon as the encounter starts. Knowing he/she is going to get killed I then loot the nearest sites and leave for my additional xp! Not much fun.

In the other 2 we stick together and in 1 we share loot, in the other he/she either gets in before to bag as much loot as possible or even knocks me out of the way to get it. Very cut throat and leaves a bad taste.

It's simply not fun, but playing solo would have meant I would probably been at least 10 levels below where I am. And that would have been a true grind based on my current attention span.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I used to really enjoy the days of picking my map based on my strategy for the day or just each encounter. And then fully committing to that strategy and really having fun. Now everyone seems to play the same, get in, get a little loot and get off.

I'm wondering if I should really bother next time around and just revert to my tried and trusted strategies, ignoring the statistics delivered at the end of each encounter. 

Even the challenge rewards are poor. I had one the other day that offered me 30 food, 3 electronics and some ammo for 15 kills! I did that challenge many times in the past and picked up numerous crowns. If I recall 165 once! 

Loot levels are also poor. In my view the basic level of loot should be set at the same level as 3 boosts.

I know BI need income to survive and prosper. But there is a tipping point whereby if you give the players such low reward with regard to the effort expended to get it. Players just pack it in. Hence my musings in this post. If players build up stockpiles of crowns through in game rewards. They will spend them and more! I did! But not any more.

Rant over....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Wouldn’t change a single word of that spoken like a true veteran of this game 😂 I find myself doing only the easiest of challenges that don’t take half a day (like killing 20 outlanders for a common crate) more worthwhile doing ones like craft 15 assault rifles for some food and other materials. Food being more useful than a common crate at 35exp and junk items and I have plenty of parts so can easily manufacture stuff. I share the same experiences with duos all being a barred rush, don’t get me wrong if I spawn close I’ll go for it but 90% of my spawns are the opposite end of the map. Sometimes I’ll crack barred safe and just hang back, sometimes watching people hard scoping the safe for like 10 minutes not realising nobody’s in there 😂 if I do stick with the safe I generally dismantle it all unless I believe I can get away with it. Drops are never boosted so unless I know most others are dead or can confirm everyone is dead I don’t bother over a common crate. I loot in an erratic pattern so my movements can’t be predicted and sometimes if I’m lucky enough to kill someone who did loot stuff I’ll bank it and leave. I miss playing on maps I want to play on because sometimes in a dig cache  in mood and sometimes a loot and dip mood on specific maps where I know what materials or on that map and where to go for them. Overall I’m slogging on level 26 on the pass already resigning to not finishing. At best I may unlock all the gun plans at level 30 something think the mp5 is on then I’m done. They need more than a battlepass tbh figures shoulfbsurely so nobody is buying the battlepass maybe 1 in 4 I see do mine was only with free crowns I’d saved up to actual cash spent. 

If bohemia do another battlepass I would urge players not to buy it, not to spend crowns on levels and at best only take the “free” rewards. If the next battlepass (if there is one) flops then I would hope they get the message. 

• Like 1

. At best I may unlock all the gun plans at level 30 something think the mp5 is on then I’m done.

And you'll be right !
What's next in the further levels.... a New silence sniper rifle (there is already the Vss vintorez) ; and that's the only plan that is interesting.

And to add a brick in the wall, you may mention the signal detectors abusers , coming in game with so many of them, that i can't figure how do they do to have any rentability in that operation...

It's really disapointing to be teamkilled in the bart house, and watching the guy to be teaming with others.
And more, to hear the sound of the signal detectors, that are everywhere now...

The point is, that we can't know if vigor is still a survival game. Or a call of duty like.
Most of the new players act as if it was a common shoot game. They arrive with their brand new weapons, run to the bart, and fire everywhere (starting with you poor teammate)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matthew Aiken said:

Wouldn’t change a single word of that spoken like a true veteran of this game 😂 I find myself doing only the easiest of challenges that don’t take half a day (like killing 20 outlanders for a common crate) more worthwhile doing ones like craft 15 assault rifles for some food and other materials. Food being more useful than a common crate at 35exp and junk items and I have plenty of parts so can easily manufacture stuff. I share the same experiences with duos all being a barred rush, don’t get me wrong if I spawn close I’ll go for it but 90% of my spawns are the opposite end of the map. Sometimes I’ll crack barred safe and just hang back, sometimes watching people hard scoping the safe for like 10 minutes not realising nobody’s in there 😂 if I do stick with the safe I generally dismantle it all unless I believe I can get away with it. Drops are never boosted so unless I know most others are dead or can confirm everyone is dead I don’t bother over a common crate. I loot in an erratic pattern so my movements can’t be predicted and sometimes if I’m lucky enough to kill someone who did loot stuff I’ll bank it and leave. I miss playing on maps I want to play on because sometimes in a dig cache  in mood and sometimes a loot and dip mood on specific maps where I know what materials or on that map and where to go for them. Overall I’m slogging on level 26 on the pass already resigning to not finishing. At best I may unlock all the gun plans at level 30 something think the mp5 is on then I’m done. They need more than a battlepass tbh figures shoulfbsurely so nobody is buying the battlepass maybe 1 in 4 I see do mine was only with free crowns I’d saved up to actual cash spent. 

If bohemia do another battlepass I would urge players not to buy it, not to spend crowns on levels and at best only take the “free” rewards. If the next battlepass (if there is one) flops then I would hope they get the message. 

I've gone back to running solo's for the Challenges and like you doing the ones that don't take a day.

I'll run duos if want to try and catch out some dupers and score a heap of consumables.

They should have kept the gun plans in the crates, made them worth playing for.

And yes people need to stop spending real money on this game, maybe a downturn in profit might make them see the error of their ways.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped supporting the game altogether. 

• Like 1

Given the wealth of new games coming soon I wouldn’t be all that sad if that did happen.

2 hours ago, eKLaB said:

And yes people need to stop spending real money on this game, maybe a downturn in profit might make them see the error of their ways.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped supporting the game altogether. 

I used to spent Microsoft credit on crowns in game as my way of supporting the good old vigor, now I’ll likely just save them up and get a certain game with 2077 in the name that’s gonna be real nice. I’ll keep one eye open on vigor though hoping and praying it gets better again 

Some thoughts on Season 3 from a casual player point of view.

Did I purchase Season 3 pass : Yes

Do I think the Season 3 pass was worth it: Yes

Did I get to level 50 without additional crowns : No

Why Not: Simply ran out of time

Will I purchase Season 4 pass : unsure at the moment.

I assume most folks that purchase the season pass want to get to the cap by the end of the season. I'm a casual player, I don't play Vigor exclusively, I really enjoy the game "but" if purchasing the season pass and not being able to get to the level cap by the end of the season (with my available game time) is a trend then I'm not sure I'll be purchasing any more season passes.

One thing I've noticed during season 3, from the moment I select to enter the "Encounter" up to the point of entering the game (initial map screen) a fair amount of time was spent "waiting", there have been allot of "timeout" errors when trying to enter encounters this season. (It's not my internet connection btw)

I recorded some of my own game stats over 170 encounters from lvl 42 - 47. For these examples "Queue Time" starts from the moment I select to enter the "Encounter" up to the point I enter the game with the initial map screen, so the time it takes "preparing server" + "lobby time" + "additional time" (if i get the "timeout to server" error and have to restart the encounter). Even removing the lobby time its still about 15% - 20% of time was spent "waiting", what does this mean to me, less encounters played, less time leveling up and less loot gathered over the duration of the season.

Level     XP Required     Encounters Played     Queue Time     Play Time     Ave XP Per Enc     Avg Encounter Time

42          57300                27                                   01:55                05:25               2165                        12:02

43          60300                26                                   01:25                05:13               2273                        12:02

44          63300                28                                   00:46                05:15               2200                        11:15

45          66400                32                                   01:21                05:34               2040                        10:26

46          69500                28                                   01:15                04:47               2300                        10:15

47          72000                30                                   01:25                05:07               2300                        10:14

Why do i bother to post this, i guess i'm highlighting that season 3, while enjoyable overall , did suffer from allot of timeout errors that ultimately ate into a fair chunk of in-game time.

Ending on a positive note, i think the game is great and look forward to future improvements.

• Thanks 1

I got appreciate the time you’ve put into posting this, it really highlights just how crippled the waiting times area and yet their still not doing enough to answer our questions on the matter or agree to some form of compromise to satisfy the veterans of the game. Funny thing is I was already feeling the grind at level 25! If there’s a season pass at all I won’t buy it. I’ll play the new map sure but I suspect the new addition to the shelter as someone else once suggested will merely be a collectibles area. Woohoo....