ITz Paladin

multi threaded support

i was wonder if theres a way we could get multi threaded support for arma 3-2 dayz does well already with ryzen but arma 3 sees a difference between intel vs ryzen cpus

You can't just turn existing software more multithreaded, and at this stage of Arma 3 I believe that such changes are very unlikely to happen.

Intel works slghtly better for Arma but Ryzen is not a bad option.

Arma 3 and DayZ are already multithreaded.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2020 at 10:11 AM, Dedmen said:

Arma 3 and DayZ are already multithreaded.

Yeah multithreaded for 2008's quad cores maybe. But currently on modern hardware Arma 3 only uses perhaps 20% or even maybe 30% at most of my i7 9800's 8 Cores.

My Nvidia GTX 1660Ti is also immensely underused during gameplay.

I bet that if Arma 3 used at least 50% of my system's resources my FPS would be 120 like in Warzone instead of 40 that I get now.

I can't speak about DayZ thou... DayZ is free this weekend so I downloaded it and I get 140 FPS with everything on MAX.

But to be honest:

1) DayZ SA is a stripped down 15GB game compared to Arma 3's super complex systems and 30+ GBs of content so it is no contender nor a good example either.  I mean I am sure that if we remove Arma 3's whole Ai, vehicles and units handling and half its models, textures and maps it would also run at 120 FPS or more just like DayZ does.

2) Arma 3 at MAX SETTINGS looks far better than DayZ at MAX settings. (Even thou the animations and the sounds in DayZ are WAAAAY better than Arma 3).

There is no point in hiding old flaws at these stages, Arma 3 is what it is and it is still a great game, much better than maybe 80% of all the other games out there...

Too bad that Arma 3 is just too big for itself... you can never really use it as a large scale combined arms simulator like it was supposed to be because of its technical limitations and that is a pity because the content is there and it is amazing but it is like putting a toyota corolla engine on a T-72 tank... it is gonna look amazing and menacing but move at 2 KM/2 at most... same as Arma 3... So instead of SQUAD/HELL LET LOOSE like scenarios we are stuck with 10 players COOP scenarios.

Nothing that cannot be fixed for Arma 4 thou! Perhaps its foundations will be finally optimized enough to handle 50 vs 50 player matches with more than 100 FPS that are the current meta for new games and all those 144 hrtz monitors.

Besides, Arma's greatest asset is its community. Always been and always will be.

• Like 1