TroyT

Free-fall after opening parachute script

I used to have a small script that allowed players to re-enter freefall after opening their chute during a HALO respawn. I can't find anything on that now.  It's possible that I removed it a couple of years ago due to conflicts but I have no memory of that.    Does anyone have any info on a script that enables this?

Hello @TroyT,

I do believe it is ExAD.  Do note, it is NOT compatible with Exile 1.0.4a.  You will need to ensure you get the 'fixed one' and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!  There are MANY out!

If not that one; then it might be InfiSTAR or Enigma.  I am 99% sure it is ExAD though.

Good luck!

🙂

There is a halo magic parachute script, i've not got a link for it tho, but it would let you pull a chute without haveing one and if you pressed V+Alt+Shift would detach and let you pull again if needed.

If this is the one you're looking for let me know and i can send my copy over Discord

i found an Exile_halo_parachute script by Bjanski after googling what you said Sgt Smash , but i cant see if it lets you cut the chute. is it okay to post a link here to see if its the correct script?

@Soap Dodger - You are wasting your time.  That script does NOT allow you to 're-open' your chute.  And @TroyT, It IS ExAD.

@Soap Dodger, if you look at the GitHub page where  this code is, you will see it is by the ExAD guy.

The ExAD code has this line:

ExAd_HALOPARACHUTE_USE_ACTIONS = true;    //BOOLEAN - Allows player to eject from all vehicles with a pressed key combination 'alt shift x'  <-- This adds/removes chute from player allowing for free-fall when desired

This other code does NOT have this.  It is just a simple 'add a chute' script and nothing more.

Your best bet is to install ExAD.  It has quite a few features.  BUT you should be able to disable everything BUT the parachute script if desired.

🙂

Thanks guys.  I already use ExAD on all of our servers in one form or another.  I forgot that it was tucked in there.  It's running now. I had a vestige script in one of my mission file sub folders called ExHP which I assume is someone's port of just the ExAD script.  It was lacking some key script components though.  

Did you need to add something like this to make it work, thought i'd add mine here just incase it helps others

Spoiler

// Halo Parachute
{
    _x params [["_function",""],["_file",""]];
    _code = compileFinal (preprocessFileLineNumbers _file);
    missionNamespace setVariable [_function,_code];
}
forEach
[
    ['ExAd_fnc_showEject','Custom\HaloParachute\Functions\fn_showEject.sqf'],
    ['ExAd_fnc_ejectPlayer','Custom\HaloParachute\Functions\fn_ejectPlayer.sqf'],
    ['ExAd_fnc_parachuteSafeMode','Custom\HaloParachute\Functions\fn_parachuteSafeMode.sqf'],
    ['ExAd_fnc_pullParachute','Custom\HaloParachute\Functions\fn_pullParachute.sqf'],
    ['ExAd_fnc_showParachute','Custom\HaloParachute\Functions\fn_showParachute.sqf'],
    ['ExAd_Para_Postinit','Custom\HaloParachute\postInit.sqf']
];

Mine is located in the 'ExADClient\cfgfunctions.cpp' file:

class ExAd
{
    tag = "ExAd";
    //#include "VirtualGarage\CfgFunctions.cpp"
    //#include "AdminEvents\CfgFunctions.cpp"
    #include "Core\CfgFunctions.cpp"
    #include "StatsBar\CfgFunctions.cpp"
    #include "JxUnitScanner\CfgFunctions.cpp"
    #include "Hacking\CfgFunctions.cpp"
    #include "Grinding\CfgFunctions.cpp"
    #include "HaloParachute\CfgFunctions.cpp"  <-----
    #include "XM8\CfgFunctions.cpp"
};

I also know that there are a couple of versions of the ExAD mod too...

🙂

Mine was also in 'ExADClient\cfgfunctions.cpp'.