Klavino

Need help disabling ace AI healing only in a specific unit

The idea of the mission i'm editing is that the players need to aid civilians, and bandaging all of them triggers an enemy attack. Involving the ace medical system troubles this, because civilians heal themselves even without medical equipment. disabling simlation would block any input, so what I thought I should do is to disable the AI medical system in the needed units. I can easily disable the global AI medical system through addon options, but I don't know the script needed for this to apply in only one unit

• Like 2

I'm fairly certain that this isn't possible. My first thought was to remove any medical supplies from their inventories, but ACE Medical AI also gives AI "magic" supplies. You might also try asking over on the ACE public Slack.

Without knowing your exact mission setup, if you can't find a solution would it fit to make the civs unconscious?
Other things you could try (although I have no idea if they would work)

unit disableAI "FSM";

or 

unit disableAI "ANIM";

maybe disabling their animations would stop them healing??? But that's a reach 

I know this is very very late, but posting for the benefit of others trying to find the answer (I was one of them!)

The fix to this issue is to use:

_unit setVariable ["ace_medical_ai_lastFired", 9999999]; //Disable AI to self healing

This will prevent _unit from healing 😉

• Like 2