wsw2004718

What is the problem of LifeServer?

I want to gather some information of what the problem is in life server.

what is the thing that you think should change in life server?

the fact that most are using ripped content with zero regards to IP rights

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

On 5/2/2020 at 10:16 AM, wsw2004718 said:

I want to gather some information of what the problem is in life server.

what is the thing that you think should change in life server?

On 5/5/2020 at 8:26 AM, PuFu said:

the fact that most are using ripped content with zero regards to IP rights

Pufu is being nice (which is something in itself), and its only your first post, but..... stop stealing shit, stop bringing hoards of prepubescent annoyance to a communities door step which has better things to type than this, you ask "what is the thing that you think should change in life server?"  Don't exist.  (😬 3 cans of fosters that took after years of restraint!) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, jeza said:

(😬 3 cans of fosters that took after years of restraint!) 

Thank goodness you weren't on Stella 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My humble opinion - and not necessarily restricted to "life" servers : BI needs to include a clear, ingame, warning about violating IP rights : something you can't miss, something visible every time you're about to publish something (instead of burying that kind of info in EULAs nobody reads). I reckon at least some of these IP violations boil down to ignorance, and while Arma makes it easy to release something (you just need to push a couple buttons to publish a scenario), it doesn't do a great job at informing people.

I've had several people coming to me for clarifications on licenses, what they can do and what they shouldn't - people who took the effort to look for information on how IP works, who are members of the community and the forums, and who obviously are confused or just not familiar at all with that stuff. You can imagine how very young people or over-enthusiast players would not bother with it, or simply be ignorant of it. That sort of information should be accessible at any time, without effort - or, at the very least, be mentioned somewhere in the game or the tools, and not behind a hyperlink.

• Like 4

On 5/10/2020 at 1:27 PM, haleks said:

something visible every time you're about to publish something

I wanted to do that on the weekend but then got diverted with fixing the A3 Launcher mod limit thing.

I plan to add a dialog in Publisher tool telling you every time before you push a new mod.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

At the moment, if you monetise a server and then break the monetisation rules, Bohemia disable BattlEye on your server until you remove the violation - This essentially makes servers completely unusable, as not only is BattlEye disabled but your in-game chat is spammed stating the server is breaking Monetisation rules. 

In my personal opinion, a similar system should be implemented for reporting IP violations- You provide Bohemia with proof a community (or mod) has broken IP (in the form of screenshots, PBO.s containing the IP etc etc), and Bohemia can then make a judgement on what to do next. Whether thats by blocking the communities servers BattlEye, or removing the violating mod from the workshop.

I must admit IP breaches has really pushed me away from wanting to release anything made on my end as there's literally nothing you can do to prevent some unnamed communities 'ripping' the content and reusing it for their own profitable means, which some communities still make even if the mod has not allowed any kind of monetisation.

• Like 1