soulessred

Trader Price Problem

Hello!  I recently installed the traders folder from https://github.com/redned70/Trader-Mod into my Malden mission file.  The current traders from that list I have active CUPS, RHS, Exile, CUSTOM, APEX, ARMA3V,ARMA3W.  Upon following the instructions provided and booting back up the server (mods are @ in the server file) I noticed that all the items were reselling for 1 pop tab.  The traders are selling the applicable mod items now, but everything resells for 1 poptab regardless of the cost.  Guns, clothes, building supplies, all vehicles- it all resells for 1 pop tab.  I cannot figure out what went wrong.  I copied the files over as provided and didn't do any changes that were not listed in the install instructions on the provided link.  I am just curious if Malden is the issue itself, or if CUPS and RHS conflict.  Any unused mods I did not delete their folders, I just did a // to not include them.   Thank you for you time!

When you comment (//) anything ,  make sure you do not comment a end of line 

codxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ,
codxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

if you comment the last one you gonna take a error cause  you comment the end of the line and you let the ' , ' at the end 

but normally when you let this kind of error , the script was just not read.

if i understand your code is readed but not working properly ,  what you can do is make a backup of your modified mod and re-install the trader-mod  without make any change , just intall it  like a fresh install of the mod 

Thank you for your reply!  I went through that code and didn't see any issues.  I did reupload the traders folder to the mission pbo.  It was weird, I was following along with a youtube tutorial and did everything he did, but all my sale prices just crashed.  Kinda frustrating because it makes doing missions pointless because you get no money.  I've tried disabling, CUPS and RHS but that hasn't changed the pricing.  Should I just do a server wipe and start from the beginning?  With the mods included that is, just a fresh start on the server player wise.

I figured it out!  I accidentally deleted this line:

class CfgTrading 
{
    /*
    * This factor defines the difference between sales/purchase price of
    * items and vehicles. It is used if there is no sales price defined
    * in CfgExileArsenal. 
    */
    sellPriceFactor = 0.5;

rekeyPriceFactor = 0.1;

class requiredRespect 
    {
        Level1 = 0;
        Level2 = 5000;
        Level3 = 10000;
        Level4 = 15000;
        Level5 = 20000;
        Level6 = 25000;
    };
};

That's why everything defaulted to 1.  Sorry for wasting any time!

Sorry for wasting any time!

Don't worry about it. You actually generating and sharing knowledge and solutions, which may help any future beginners that may encounter the very same problem. 

• Like 1