Miguel222

Weapon modding in arma 3

Hi,

First of all, im sorry if something on the post isn't understandable, im spanish, but ill do my best to explain my question.

ArmA 3 has right now a lot of attachments for the guns; i've seen from dlc to mods a lot of customization. But for now, the guns only have a few ways to be customizable.

I know that (for example) SPAR-15 is a shorter cannon version of the SPAR-17, so basically you can "customize" the barrel lenght (by changing weapon). But its something that i would like change myself; not by changing weapons, but changing the cannon's lenght. I don't know if this feature (and more, obviusly) will be added in a future update (I really doubt it) or in the next Arma game.

Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, Miguel222 said:

I know that (for example) SPAR-15 is a shorter cannon version of the SPAR-17

No, the SPAR-16 is 5.56 NATO and the SPAR-17 is 7.62 NATO. They are not the same weapon.

Anyway, pretty sure this will never happen. It would require a rework of all relevant weapon models/configs/etc., as well as the addition of new barrel models/configs/etc.  In Arma, barrel length affects, at the least, muzzle velocity. Maybe a few other characteristics as well. Swapping out a barrel would ostensibly change a weapon's characteristics. I don't think it is possible to change a weapon's config on-the-fly.

Im not saying on the fly (first, because in a combat situation you dont do that, and second, because it will be needed special tools), but configure it in the arsenal.

23 hours ago, Miguel222 said:

Im not saying on the fly (first, because in a combat situation you dont do that, and second, because it will be needed special tools), but configure it in the arsenal.

If it's only configurable in the arsenal, then there would be no difference between having separate models as we do now, and the huge change you are suggesting.

• Like 1