AceWonder

Throwables Items

I think there should be new throwables items for Season 4 like cocktails, smoke grenades and tear gas. These could definitely change the tide of excessive camping that goes on with airdrop and exits, also help flush out buildings.

The only throwable item I want is a hard copy of Vigor so I can throw it in the bin...

• Haha 3

i think these gimmicks would take the real dynamics of the game and would more and more become a copy of Far Cry or Call of Duty which is not useful and purposeful, what would come in season 5?  Maybe bazookas, or better still, slings and stones?  Or and for Season 6 we'll pack some tactical drones and binoculars with thermal imaging function or what? 

I don't want to say bad idea but there are still many questions left unanswered like: why is the clock always and in every house set to 5 minutes to 7?

Where does the weapon suddenly appear after he starts a match and puts the card away?  What does the lighthouse mean?  Why does it never get night or at least dusk?  Questions Questions

• Like 1

...Why the fishing dock? ...And this new door in 3.1 update ...more questions..

There is one throwable thing that could be interesting, and would stick to the essential functions of the game.
Throwing a little stone to make noise. This could help to avoid combat in many situations, and try to escape while looting

I like the idea of throwables, I also lile the idea of thermal imaging 😛 go on BI go make this a full on cod game so I have no reason to stick around 😂 go full future tech with mech suits from cod some rpgs, vehicles etc little bird helicopters to scope out the drop with. We’re already dipping our toes in the water might as well take the plunge 😂

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2020 at 4:59 AM, Matthew Aiken said:

I like the idea of throwables, I also lile the idea of thermal imaging 😛 go on BI go make this a full on cod game so I have no reason to stick around 😂 go full future tech with mech suits from cod some rpgs, vehicles etc little bird helicopters to scope out the drop with. We’re already dipping our toes in the water might as well take the plunge 😂

So are you saying throwables would be bad!?!?!?

For the most part yes I think the issue is too much emphasis on consumable items it’s kinda watering down gameplay. I kinda like the idea of a smoke grenade to mask your escape with the drop maybe or to block up an exit but what the game needs I think is more maps and updated spawns. 

• Like 2

I've supported the inclusion of a smoke bomb since shortly after the barred house was introduced.

In my initial enthusiasm I tended to make a beeline for it if it was close, but rarely escaped as the wait always allowed at least 2 other outlanders to interfere with my escape. The idea of a smoke grenade was always as an escape tactic, but I suppose it could also become a versatile offensive tactic, possibly by providing cover when flanking another outlander, maybe in conjunction with the PSL.

• Like 1