Sign in to follow this  
Iglooslowbutmlgpro

Question about terminal defiance for the Altis requiem campaign.

In the dlc campaign the AAF are making a final stand against NATO but I keep noticing something that keeps annoying the hell out of me. 

From what the map says the AAF are still in control of pyrgos and are fighting NATO for it which at that time should be incorrect since the previous night NATO would have taken pyrgos from the AAF. Also on the other side of the island it shows that the AAF have been pushed back to Ioannina. This is also incorrect for the fact that when NATO are assaulting the AAF garrison closest to the pyrgos side of the island the AAF would still be in control of Kalochori and paros. So does this mean this mission took place on the last day of the fighting ? Because if that’s what it’s meant to be it would also be wrong again because the AAF closest to pyrgos would have already surrendered to NATO. 

I know the lore of this game to well and this has been nagging me ever since the dlc came out so If anyone would have a decent answer or an explanation to why it was done like this it would be great if you could share thanks!

tldr: this mission doesn’t add up to the East wind  at least in placement of units and who is in control of what.

Terminal Defiance takes place at roughly the same timeframe as Paradise Found. Akhanteros capitulating is what leads to the campaign ending in the first place after all; even the briefing entry states that surrender was imminent.

As for the map markers, I assume that's to tie into the fact that the AAF are in so much disarray that they (1st Mechanized) weren't even sure what was happening in the other fronts. All they know for certain is that Chalkeia and Dorida have fallen overnight because of Operation Steel Pegasus, which is reflected correctly by the arrows originating from those cities.

2 hours ago, drebin052 said:

Terminal Defiance takes place at roughly the same timeframe as Paradise Found. Akhanteros capitulating is what leads to the campaign ending in the first place after all; even the briefing entry states that surrender was imminent.

As for the map markers, I assume that's to tie into the fact that the AAF are in so much disarray that they (1st Mechanized) weren't even sure what was happening in the other fronts. All they know for certain is that Chalkeia and Dorida have fallen overnight because of Operation Steel Pegasus, which is reflected correctly by the arrows originating from those cities.

ah I see thanks for clearing that up. It just always confused me since if you look to that side of the island in East wind you can see NATO have already taken it before Kerry goes to call in artillery in paradise found.