Sign in to follow this  
Harloxx_

Export problem on blender

Hello,

I start in 3D modeling and I have a problem with the export in p3d on blender here is the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Charly\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py", line 223, in execute
    exportMDL(self, filePtr, self.selectionOnly);
  File "C:\Users\Charly\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 511, in exportMDL
    export_lod(filePtr, obj, wm, idx)
  File "C:\Users\Charly\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 423, in export_lod
    writeFaces(filePtr, obj, mesh)
  File "C:\Users\Charly\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 112, in writeFaces
    materialName, textureName = getMaterialInfo(face, obj)
  File "C:\Users\Charly\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 31, in getMaterialInfo
    texType = material.armaMatProps.texType;
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'armaMatProps'

Can anyone help me?

Are you using a version of ARMA3Toolbox that matches the version of Blender you're using?

I had a similar issue recently and it's because I was using Blender 2.79 with the latest version of ARMA3Toolbox.

Yes I have the 2.8x Arma3Toolbox version for blender 2.8

you need to set arma properties for the objects you wanna export

• Thanks 1

So i need to set the geometry, the roadway,... ?

Yes, create all of the LODs and assign the appropriate LOD preset.  Make sure that the objects don't violate the requirements of that LOD and you should be good. Also, when you export to P3D make sure that you tick the "Selection Only" box in the save window.

So far with Blender 2.8 and the updated Tools the exports have been flawless.  I assign textures in Object Builder but other than that I don't mess with it.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, Harloxx_ said:

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'armaMatProps'

Here's my guess - you have a material slot on your object but no material assigned to it.