Sign in to follow this  
BRPVP

BattlEye Host Server with Packet Loss

Hi,

I have a dedicated runing an Arma 3 server, and i'm having a problem: from time to time near all people get kicked with BattlEye: Query Timedout error.

LIiTiiS.jpg

The guys on the host are amazing, so they did investigation about this problem, and this is what they found:

Okay, so I believe I found the cause, unfortunately it's not going to be something that we can fix. It will be up to OVH/BattlEye to resolve from their side.

View the attached screenshot. The last hop of our outbound network is Seabone/TiSparkle. (hop number 4)

After that, it enters the OVH network in Florida. BattlEye is using OVH in Canada to host their service. The issue is, the route over OVH's VAC system has packet loss.

We have reached out to OVH to see if something can be done about the routing problem, but since we are not an OVH customer, it's unlikely they will pay any attention to it.

I also reached out to BattlEye to see if they can implement a closer geographical location.

s7R010d.png

There is something BI can do to help on that?

Thanks!

No, this is a routing issue between service providers. BIS could certainly push BE to push their SP to fix it, but that's about it. And reporting it here won't be read by anyone in BIS who could do this.

On 5/5/2020 at 12:48 PM, rekrul said:

No, this is a routing issue between service providers. BIS could certainly push BE to push their SP to fix it, but that's about it. And reporting it here won't be read by anyone in BIS who could do this.

How can i contact the correct BIS people that can help on this?