Sign in to follow this  
HotBrass

Heli pilot won’t stay for pickup *complex problem*

I need somebodies help on something that has been bugging me....

I personally play from the editor, set myself up

little tasks and I’m happy as a pig in muck. Only there is something I can’t overcome.   

Picture this,

I drop a 4 man LRRP team in the jungle and set myself up as a helo pilot. My little task is to pull them out under fire. So I slip and snake flying nap of the earth, until I spot the sight of orange smoke, I flare my ship into the hot LZ and land with the blades still whipping up the jungle floor. Now, I switch to my LRRP team leader and have him tell the team to board the chopper, but before they can board, my heli pilot loses his nerve and takes off and stays in a hover. 

Is there a way I can keep a player controlled pilot on the ground, switch to another and keep the pilot on the ground, load up and switch back to the pilot?

I know it’s a lengthy post, but I wanted to add a

bit of a back story!

Thanks!

I had this problem once many years ago in single player, never solved that. Switching from the pilot to another unit. Spent too many frustrating hours trying to find a practical workaround. No dice. As a pilot I personally would just remain as the pilot in the chopper and use a radio trigger script or Duda's Advanced Ai Command to get your guys to board the chopper. So much easier and less time consuming.  However, someone else could have a solution to this one.

• Like 2

Yep just like the above or if you want to stay away from creating waypoints you can even add an AddAction to yourself so as to disableAI "PATH"; for the helicopter pilot and then re-enable it via the same method. More time consuming than the above though ^^^

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HotBrass said:

tell the team to board the chopper, but before they can board, my heli pilot loses his nerve and takes off and stays in a hover. 

From my AI compilation list

How do I force an AI Heli to stay on the ground while idling?

https://tinyurl.com/yxf6d2nm

Force helicopter to stay on land while loading troops

https://tinyurl.com/y8nnc4wl

Need to see more?

Go to my list linked in my sig and go to the section titled:

AI CAS, Helicopters, & Jets

These are threads from players with varying problems, ideas for missions, or wanting

to know how to do certain things.

If that doesn't help, take a look at Hermes Airlift Services Script

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Need to see more?

Go to my list linked in my sig and go to the section titled:

AI CAS, Helicopters, & Jets

:yeahthat:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Whirlybirds said:

I had this problem once many years ago in single player, never solved that. Switching from the pilot to another unit. Spent too many frustrating hours trying to find a practical workaround. No dice. As a pilot I personally would just remain as the pilot in the chopper and use a radio trigger script or Duda's Advanced Ai Command to get your guys to board the chopper. So much easier and less time consuming.  However, someone else could have a solution to this one.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I've gone with Dudas Advanced Ai Command and what a revalation!

Makes kicking grunts out on a hot LZ a cinch!

• Like 1